Chapter 8: Guilt Tripping

Me, Sonic and Tails are racing on Tails' hoverboards.

"You may be faster on foot, but I invented these things!" Tails says proudly.

Tails does a flip and overtakes Sonic.

"Sweet moves Tails. Try beat this though!" I smirk as I grab onto a vine and swing upwards ahead of the boys before performing a flip and landing back on my hover board. (Best I could think of lol)

Sonic winks at me and I blush. I may or may not have a teeny tiny crush...... But anyway, that's for me to know and you to find out. Anyway back to Sonic.

"Not bad! My turn!"

Sonic overtakes Tails and me and turns around to face us with a smirk in his face. I return his expression.

"Nice moves. But you should look where you're going." I say plainly.

Suddenly Sonic hits a branch and two trees before falling down to the ground. Tails and I approach him on his hoverboard as Sonic recovers from the fall.

"Wow! That was the coolest thing I've ever seen!" Tails exclaims.

"Really?" Sonic looks utterly confused.

"To be honest, You look cool even when you're making a complete fool of yourself." I say as I help him up. He gives me a grin.

He finds his hoverboard and is about to pick it up when he hears Weasel Bandits.

"All right, load 'em up! Hurry up and nobody gets hurt!" One of them orders.

We watch as the Gogobas drop valuables into the Weasel Bandits' bags.

"Whoa! We gotta stop those jerks!" Sonic says.

We enter the village, Tails on his hoverboard.

"What's going on here?" Sonic asks.

"Oh, these delightful young men were just ransacking our poor village." He puts a bag of money in a Weasel Bandit's bag.

"And taking all our possessions."

"They probably need them more than we do, being bandits living on the land and all."

"Yeah, so back off, blue guy! This is what we do!" One of the bandits say. I growl at them.

"Oh yeah, well this is what we do!"

Sonic spindashes into two of the Weasel Bandits and I kick one backwards, leaving them stunned. Tails passes Sonic a nearby vine attached to a tree and Sonic ties them up with it as Tails pulls on the vine. I smirk at them.

"Ugh! This isn't over!"

Tails releases his grip on the vine and the Weasel Bandits are catapulted into the sky.

"I spoke too soon!" One of them yells.

"Thank you, strange travellers, you have saved us Gogobas from the from the scourage of the Weasel Bandits, and scattered our belongings carelessly across the dirt." one of them says.

"Well at least we saved your ungrateful butts! You don't have to complain about everything you know." I exclaim with my arms crossed.

"Sorry, I'll help pick 'em up." Tails offers.

"Oh no, we wouldn't want to trouble you. I'll do it myself. It probably won't cause my chronic back pain to flare up too much. Oh Ugh!" The Gogobas back bone cracks.

Me and the boys look at each other awkwardly.

"Oh don't worry about her, she'll pass out from the pain soon. In the meantime, the rest of us will throw our valiant heroes a victory feast." The leader exclaims.