Chapter 19: The Curse Of 'Lovey Dovey' Temple

Sonic is running, Dr. Eggman is pursuing him in the Eggmobile, firing at him. Me, Amy and Tails are also running, being chased and fired at by a Buzz Bomber and a Motobug.

Sonic comes to a tree, but it is fired at and falls over; Sonic dodges by using his Spin Jump, then continues running. Now, the Motobug is running away from Amy, who uses her hammer to attack; Me and Knuckles follow her, pursuing the Buzz Bomber, then Sticks and Tails follow us.

"Jungle laser, jungle laser, fry you with my laser!" Eggman sings. Sonic looks ahead and sees a tree; in the tree is a bird's nest with birds inside it.

"Hey Eggman, smile for the birdie!" Sonic jumps into the tree, and it flings the bird's nest right off the tree. The birds fly at Eggman, and peck his glasses.

"Ow, ow, they're pecking my eyes! Why would I ever smile at this?" Eggman flies away, and Sonic pursues him, while Amy, Knuckles, Tails, and Sticks pursue Orbot and Cubot. Eggman soon stops at some sort of wall. He turns to shoot a laser at Sonic but I tackle him out of the way and the wall opens, us tumbling right through it. Just as Sonic gets up and speeds towards the door, it slams shut in his face.

Knuckles skids to a stop at the door, and punches it, but nothing happens.

"Stop smiling!" He growls at the door as the rest of the team approach.

(Time Skip)

"Great.....soooo, we're stuck here." I say dusting myself off.

"Seems like it." Sonic examines the door.

"Um, Sonic?" Sonic turns to me and I point at the different paths. 

"Should we check them out?" He nods and we cautiously make our way through the temple. We come to a stop when see two paths. One going left and one going right.

"Hm, let's go-" Sonic doesn't even get to finish his sentence as the floor beneath us gives way and we go falling into the pit with a yelp.

"Ugh..." I hold my head before gathering where I am. I turn to see Sonic holding his leg.

"Sonic!" I run over to where he was sitting.

"Agh! I twisted my ankle."

"Ok, so, um, what do we do now?" I pace around the pit, trying not to panic.

"Well, you could help me up." Sonic smirks. I roll my eyes and lift him to his feet.

"Hey, maybe I can spin-dash my way back up there." Sonic launches himself into his Spin Dash in midair, but he quickly loses his balance, and painfully lands on the rubble behind him, dizzy and dazed. I face-palm.

(Time Skip)

"There's no other way in! Sonic and Malaika are trapped!" Tails exclaims.

"Well, we'll find away to free them. But until then, one of us needs to be in charge." Amy says.

"Good thinking, Amy; I'll be in charge!" Knuckles replies.

"You? I'm in charge." Amy fires back.

"I don't trust anyone in charge." Sticks looks away.

"I know, why don't we all be in charge?" Tails suggests.

"NO!!!"