Chapter 12: Aim Low

(Hey everyone! SO sorry for being away for so long. Haven't been in the mood for writing recently but I'm back now!)

In the Jungle, me and the gang had just defeated Eggman's scorpion bot.

"You may have defeated my Scorpionbot, but I've got one more trick up my sleeve!" Eggman presses a button and a large satellite robot comes out. It then starts to warm up.

"Just give it a sec. Needs to warm up."

Sonic destroys the satellite robot.

"Still waiting on that "trick". Sonic dusts his hands off.

Eggman growls and glumly walks to his Egg Mobile and flies off.

"Is it just me or is Eggman not been bringing his "A-game" lately?"Sonic asks.

" Maybe our "A-game" makes his "A-game" look like a "Z-game"! Oh, that's much worse if you understand the alphabet. Isn't it?" Knuckles is confused.

"It does kinda feel like Eggman just going through the motions." Tails says, to which I nod in agreement.

(Time Skip.)

Me and others are viewing a large ball of twine. We haven't seen Eggman for a while.

"Wow, Amy! You weren't kidding! That's one big ball of twine!" Knuckles exclaims.

Though, little did we know, Eggman and Soar the Eagle were nearby with Eggman holding a large device.

"I'm not sure this is will work..." Eggman says.

"I'm not sure this will work! Well, if I wasn't a germaphobe, I'd slap you! Now, do as I say and show the world your greatness!" Soar orders.

Eggman presses the button on the device that causes a nearby mountain of rocks to break apart in the shape of Eggman's face. This also causes some rocks start coming down and the other people run away. Sonic grabs some twine from the giant twine ball and uses it to block off the rocks.

"Eggman's been a lot more creative lately. Don't you think?" Amy asks.

"I try not to!"

(Time Skip)

Me, Sonic, Knuckles, and Amy are standing near what it appears to be a sand sculpture of Tails in his plane.

"You know, we haven't seen Eggman in awhile." Sonic says.

"That's a good thing, right?" I ask, adding more sand to sculpture.

"I think he's up to something. I'm gonna check up on him!" Sonic runs off and the wind from his speed blows the sand off Tails and the plane.

(Time Skip)

Sonic bursts through the door. "Ah hah! Caught you just as you were-" notices that Eggman is sitting on the couch in his pajamas.

" -lounging in your pajamas?"

"Just leave me alone to wallow in my own filth and self-pity..." Eggman mumbles, grabbing a nacho and scraping some cheese off of his pajamas with it and before eating it.

"Aw, dude, gross!" Sonic gags.

"I'm afraid Dr. Eggman has been acting quite particular since firing that Soar fellow." Orbot says.

"So, he's not planning something huge and diabolical?" Sonic asks.

"Quite the contrary! The only thing he's planning is marathoning through Season 4 of Hedgehog Abby."