That's so Cliché

A girl hummed as she sat in an empty club room. She focused intently as she folded the paper. "Come on..." She finished the last fold and tucked a strand of her black hair behind her ear. "Finished." She examined her work and pouted displeased with herself. "I thought it'd be a crane this time." She sighed and placed the origami cow down on her table. "Next time for sure."

----------

"And that is how you find the property of this derivative." The teacher smiled proudly at his formula on the board. "Tomorrow we will be going over integrals of functions. You are all dismissed."

The black-haired girl got up slowly and sighed. She hated calculus with her entire being, it just wasn't something she was a fan of. Anything in the creative arts were more her forte, math was just a nightmare.

"Akiyama. Akiyama, Akiyama Umeko!"

"Y-yes?" Umeko turned around to face her teacher with an apologetic look on her face. She was spacing out a little, so she hadn't heard anything of what was said.

"I said, could you bring this to the staff room?"

Umeko nodded and took the small stack of papers from her teacher. "Can do!" She chirped. Umeko waved goodbye and began walking to the staff room. She had no qualms with bringing the paper over since it was going to be break in a few minutes.

Umeko hummed quietly to herself and turned the corner. Everything was going smoothly before she was rudely interrupted by what felt like a brick wall. "Ouch." She fell back on her rump, the papers scattered around her.

Ushijima stood rigid and looked down at the girl who had just bumped into him. She was considerably shorter than he was and had a much smaller frame. She looks...fragile. Ushijima watched her gather the items she dropped; her onyx tinted hair bounced in tight ringlets just below her chin. Her eyes downturned at the end making her grey blue eyes seem more like a gentle snowfall rather than a frigid hailstorm. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and revealed a single red hair wrap and star stud earrings. Ushijima decided that they suited her.

"Sorry about that." Umeko's face was tinged pink in embarrassment as she looked up at him. There was a long awkward pause between the two. Umeko wasn't really sure if the guy was planning on saying anything or helping or if he just planned to stand there. She hastily stacked the papers and stood back up again. Now that she was standing, she could inspect the person she bumped into.

Ah, that's why it felt like I hit a brick wall. I practically did. Her eyes quickly scanned his muscular frame before meeting his. He looked sort of familiar but at the same time she couldn't quite put a name to a face. Dark olive-brown hair and matching olive colored eyes weren't exactly common traits so it was a crime that she couldn't remember who he was.

Ushijima's stoic expression didn't change. "Good?" His voice sounded like a low rumble which unsurprisingly matched his intimidating appearance.

Umeko's attention was pulled back "Great." She was so busy examining his features that she almost didn't hear him. To say he was easy on the eyes and wonderful on the ears was a gross understatement.

Ushijima simply nodded and walked away leaving behind a very confused Umeko.

- ----LATER AT LUNCH BREAK-----

"Wakatoshi!" Tendou flagged down Ushijima and ran to catch up with him. It was finally lunch time. Once Tendou was close enough, he began to talk animatedly. "Anything interesting or fun happen today?"