Familiar Faces

"Give me back this week's jump already!" Tendou burst through the door of Ushijima's dorm room with no hesitation.

Ushijima looked up at the sudden disturbance. "Hold on a minute. I'm still in the middle of reading 'refreshingly silky smooth hairless beautiful skin' it's rather interesting."

"Read the manga instead of the advertisements ya' doof!" Tendou chirped energetically, while he was elated that his best friend was willing to read manga for him, he sometimes wondered if perhaps Ushijima took his 'read cover to cover' expression too seriously. "By the way, you're planning on going to the first years' training camp tomorrow right, Wakatoshi?"

Ushijima closed what he was reading and picked up the volleyball that was on his bed beside his pillow. "But of course."

"Hmm~" Tendou suppressed a sly grin. "What about Umeko? Do you think she'll join us? There are a lot of new people there." His thoughts went to the first day the pair met the girl, it was an odd feeling to witness the 'before and after' changes, from someone who rambled and wasn't very comfortable around one person to someone who would willingly walk into a crowded area and unfortunately -thanks to Shirabu- had the potential to be a salt mine.

There was no hesitation in Ushijima's answer but only a hint of a smile, "But of course."

- ----THE NEXT DAY-----

"I'm going to be late!" Umeko abruptly sat up and practically tumbled out of bed, she had almost forgotten that she was supposed to meet the team on the way to the gym, there wasn't a set time or anything of the sort but she decided it be best to walk into the gym with them rather than sneaking through the doors alone. Umeko grabbed the closest school t-shirt -that was probably clean- and her school skirt, she was going to look for her track pants, but time was of the essence and she couldn't waste it rummaging through her wardrobe. "Where are my stockings?!"

-------

"Do you really think she is going to come?" Oohira was slightly skeptical as the team began their walk from the dorms to the gym, as far as he was aware no one in the team had asked her to come with them. That's not to say he was against her spectating; he was perfectly fine with her being around.

"Wellllllll, Wakatoshi said she would come so I don't see why not." Tendou's grin only grew wider. "It'll be fine. See?"

As if on cue Umeko half jogged half trotted towards the team. "S-sorry, I took a nap." As soon as she reached the team, she stopped for a moment to catch her breath.

"Don't worry about it."

Umeko fidgeted in place, sketchbook and pencil in hand. "Is it ok if I join you?"

"If it wasn't ok do you think we would be talking right now?" Shirabu raised an eyebrow. "And it's just like Goshiki said, you are an honorary member, of course its ok."

Umeko's face lit up like Shirabu had personally given her the stars. Before she could respond Semi was the next to talk. "What happened to your hair?" He put his hands on her shoulders then turned her around. "It's a mess." Semi's fingers skillfully began to tame her messy hair.

Umeko didn't look in the mirror before she left her room, but she could already guess what her hair looked like. A combination of a bed head and wind tousled hair was not a good look on her. "Well, I didn't have time to tidy it up before I went out, then I ran all the way here."

"I see." Once Semi had untangled her hair he rummaged in his pocket for something to tie her hair with. If I remember correctly, I should still have that hair tie with me. Finally, he found what he was looking for. With deft fingers he pulled her hair back into a small ponytail and used the hair tie to keep it in place. "All done."