Welcome Aboard!

The train ride to their destination was almost unbearable. The only saving grace from the silence was the sound of quiet chatter from around them and the occasional comment here and there. Thankfully by the end of the train ride, Ushijima and Oikawa seemed to have come to some form of agreement where they would tolerate each other enough that it wouldn't dampen anyone's spirits. By the time the group disembarked from the bus ride to the rafting site, Oikawa and Ushijima seemed to be able to hold polite conversation.

Hajime and Umeko both shared a hidden high-five. They weren't expecting friendship, that was asking too much. But they at least hoped they wouldn't argue. "We are finally here!" Oikawa chirped as he turned to face the group seemingly invigorated by the change of location.

Hajime took a deep breath in and grinned. "Sure are." The air was rich with the fragrance of leaves and river water. The dirt and gravel crunched under their feet as they walked deeper through the tall trees. Even in the noon daylight the forest was cool, and the colors were soft hues of dark greens and browns. The only movement was the occasional bird and the gentle breeze that swept the leaves overhead. Eventually the trees started to thin and they finally reached the campsite beside the river.

Umeko looked around then spotted a changing area. "We can change into our swimwear over there, I think they have lockers there too." Before waiting for a reply Umeko scurried off to change and put her stuff away.

-------

Ushijima watched as Umeko hurriedly left to change before he decided to go himself but instead of entering the changing area he instead went to the lockers. There was no need for him to enter a changing room, all he needed to do was take off his black shirt and he would be golden.

"Ushijima! Don't close the locker yet." Iwaizumi ran to catch up and stood beside him. "We can share two people to a locker. Oikawa and Akiyama can share one."

Ushijima simply nodded and waited till Iwaizumi put his own shirt inside the locker before he closed the door.

"I'm back!" A familiar voice chirped.

Oikawa waved "Whaaa~ you look so cute."

"Welcome ba-" Ushijima turned around to face Umeko. His initial reaction was shock, followed by an overwhelming torrent of thoughts. Umeko was wearing a baby pink off the shoulder bikini. The bottom half of the set was nothing fancy, a low waisted solid color of pink that clung to her figure. The top half of the bikini had a long single ruffle that encompassed both her chest and her arms, also baby pink.

Ushijima felt heat rise to his cheeks as he immediately turned around not sure where to look. He didn't expect her to wear, let alone own a bikini. Albeit the particular type she was wearing was considerably more reserved than others he had seen before. The tips of his ears turned red as he tried to mentally prepare himself to turn back around. He tried to keep his thoughts under control to no avail. She looks cute...no, adorable.

---------

Once Umeko spotted the three boys she immediately ran up to them. "I'm back!" she chirped, pleased with how little time it took her to get ready.

Oikawa waved "Whaaa~ you look so cute."

Honestly that was a relief to hear. This particular style of bikini wasn't really Umeko's thing, but it was sitting in her closet for years, so she needed to use it at one point. Umeko turned to face Ushijima just as he turned to face her. "Tha-"

Umeko sucked in a sharp breath as Ushijima's shirtless torso was exposed to her. Her face burned a bright pink all the way up to her ears. Umeko had seen Oikawa and Iwaizumi shirtless but somehow shirtless Ushijima just hit differently. She dare say his physique was mesmerizing. His body was sculpture worthy. His chiseled chest and abdominals were a masterpiece.