Lucky Charms

"So how was the date?" Shirabu sat on the unclaimed bed opposite Umeko's. It had been a day since the date, so he was curious as to how it went, though from Umeko's lovesick expression, it was fairly obvious.

Umeko shifted to a sitting up position on her own bed, "It went great! And better yet, Ushijima is willing to go on another date with me." Umeko had to hold herself back from squealing like the fangirl she was. Without needing any further prompting Umeko began to retell the events of the day not sparing any details.

The minutes ticked by and it soon became apparent that Umeko was not planning to stop gushing any time soon. Shirabu held up a hand to interject. "I didn't need that many details." He huffed. While he was happy for her, Shirabu didn't think he would be able to listen to any more rambling about how an onigiri tasted. "You said you bought a bracelet, can I see?"

Umeko hopped out of bed and opened the small box that sat inconspicuously on her desk. "Tada!" She chirped. "I only have one charm on it right now but later on I'll definitely add some in the future." She brought it closer to Shirabu and pointed to the little frog designed charm, "Isn't it cute?"

Shirabu made a face, while the craftsmanship was impressive the choice in charm was a little out there. "Not really. Frogs don't make for very good charms." His response was as blunt and honest as ever, he couldn't just lie about how hideous he thought it was.

"Shirabu!" Umeko gasped in mock horror, "Frogs are adorable! Have you seen them wearing hats? They are just the cutest!" She pouted and began to defend her favorite animal.

"Why would I have seen a frog wearing a hat?" Shirabu deadpanned in response.

Umeko immediately pulled out her phone and brought up pictures of frogs wearing hats. "See!" She turned her phone to Shirabu and looked at him expectantly.

"You have some interesting tastes."

"Fineeee" Umeko pouted, then put her phone away. "It's ok if you don't understand true greatness." She grinned unable to hold back.

"I understand that you have bad taste in animals." He retorted playfully. "Also, didn't you say that you would pack your stuff today?"

Umeko pulled out her side bag and began to fill it with her art supplies as she pretended like she didn't completely forget. "I was about to do that." She carefully placed brand new tubes of paint and paint brushes in the main portion of the bag then her pencils, erasers and pens in the extra pockets. Umeko did consider bringing her colored pencils too but she eventually decided against them.

"Don't you have to bring your own canvas too? Since it's part of your needed materials." Shirabu watched as Umeko ever so tenderly placed each item in its designated spot in the bag.

"It's going to be sent directly to the venue since it's a bit difficult for me to carry with my current stature." Umeko had called the sponsors of the competition before Shirabu arrived to ask if it would be ok to have the canvas brought over by a third party. At first, she wasn't quite sure they would allow her but after she found out that plenty of other participants did the same thing she immediately jumped at the opportunity. "Can you pass me that too, please?"

"You could have just said that you're short." Shirabu deadpanned. He handed her the dry sponge by the windowsill, originally Shirabu didn't have any knowledge pertaining to the arts, however after spending time with an art fanatic he had learned more than enough. "Are you not going to bring those with you?" Shirabu had noticed that Umeko had made no moves to put the watercolor pens in her bag, while he was aware she didn't like them, there was no demerit to take the pens with her.

"I'm not bringing those; I dislike them with a burning passion."

----------

"Really?!" Tendou perked up after hearing everything that had happened.