The Lion and The Unicorn

When Umeko returned back to the school campus the remainder of the boys' volleyball team took it upon themselves to hold a little celebration for her award. Needless to say, Umeko had thoroughly enjoyed the time well spent. Unfortunately, Umeko did not have the energy nor stamina of an athlete which resulted in her immediately crashing when she got back to her room.

Umeko groaned as the soft rays of the sun filtered through her curtains. "Sun...can't you go back down for just a few more minutes?" Naturally the sun didn't respond or pay heed her plea "Thank goodness it's a weekend." Umeko grumbled, still unmoving.

Her phone began to ring. Should I get that? I don't think I forgot anything... But what if it's important? Before Umeko could properly decide on what to do next, the ringing stopped. Under normal circumstances she would have reached for the phone but in this case, she was too tired to do anything.

Her phone began to buzz as she heard the text notification ring. She turned around to face away from her phone and tried to ignore the incessant noise. A barrage of pings and buzzes started to overwhelm her phone. Ok, ok I'll get it. Umeko very carefully stretched one of her hands out of the blanket to reach for her phone on the table. The phone buzzed a few more times before her fingertips grazed the side of the offending object. "A little more..." She moved closer to the edge of the bed which caused her left hand to tangle with her blanket. Just before Umeko was able to grab hold of her phone her hand slipped, and she gracelessly tumbled off her bed with a hard thump.

"Owww" Umeko winced as she sat up. That's one way to wake up. After that fall there was no chance of her going back to sleep. Umeko didn't move off the floor but instead looked at who was blowing up her phone with text messages.

Alien King: Aki-chan!

Alien King : Hey!

Alien King: are you still asleep?

Alien King: wake up already

Alien King: Aki-chan

Alien King : Aki-chan

Alien King: Aki-chan

Umeko grimaced. Somehow, I'm not surprised at all. From the useless spam Oikawa texted her at the bottom she didn't even want to think about all the other messages he sent. To her utter defeat she decided to text him back.

Time Traveler: You woke me up.

Time Traveler: I fell out of bed

Time Traveler: and it really hurt :(

Alien King: lol sucks

Alien King: You know what else sucks?

Alien King: When my own dearest childhood friend doesn't tell me how her competition went after I waited for hours to hear back from her.

Time Traveler: I thought I told you????

Umeko scrolled all the way up to the last message she sent, Oikawa was right. Umeko had indeed forgotten to text the group chat what the results of the competition were.

Time Traveler: Sorry, I thought I did.

Alien King: How could you!?