Shorts or Dresses

Kindaichi's eyes widened. "Hold on. Aren't you Oikawa and Iwaizumi's childhood friend?" He tapped his head a few times with his finger. "Akiyama, right?"

Umeko was flattered that he not only remembered her face but also her name. Usually it would be one or the other, if at all. "Yep!" She chirped happily. "So how are you both doing?"

"We're pretty good" Kunimi responded, his voice just as deadpan as usual. "Are you the manager?"

"No, nothing like that." Umeko contemplated for a brief moment before speaking. "Kunimi, can I ask you something?"

"If it's not too troublesome."

Umeko furrowed her eyebrows in thought. "You're a pretty low energy kind of person, why are you playing a sport like volleyball?" She had wanted to ask him since she was in middle school, but she never got the chance before she graduated.

"Well, It-" Kunimi wasn't able to finish his response before the glasses coach called everyone back to attention. "Ah, we have to go."

Umeko waved them away. "It's alright, have fun" She chirped before she walked back and took her seat beside the coach. As soon as Umeko sat down and situated herself with her sketchbook out and pencil in hand the practice match was underway. Thankfully-for the day- her hand was more numb rather than painful which meant she could draw without too much extra discomfort. Her plan was to draw each individual player and hope for the best results possible.

- ----TWO HOURS LATER-----

Umeko was at a loss. These look horrible. she groaned internally as she flipped through her drawings, compared to her first attempts she had improved considerably to the point where the lines were properly visible. The only problem was that the details could use a lot of improvement. The proportions were mostly correct at the very least. Umeko sighed and turned the page to her drawing attempt of Tendou. "At least you can tell who it is, unlike..." She closed the sketchbook and stood up. "Coach, I'm going for a quick walk around the gym to stretch my legs."

--------

"So, what's your deal? Why aren't you playing?" Tendou spoke up from behind the barrier causing Hinata to jolt.

"I-I wasn't chosen for this camp."

"Huh?! Then why are you even here?" Tendou leaned forward now more interested in the current circumstances that lead the tiny Karasuno player to their school.

Hinata's answer slowly dwindled down till he went silent. "I...Invited myself..."

Tendou burst out in laughter before he turned to Ushijima with full intent on sharing the story. "Wakatoshi! Did you hear that just now?! He's totally nuts!" His laughter didn't die down despite Ushijima's lackluster reaction.

Ushijima gave Hinata a sparing glance. "Well then, what are you doing standing there?"

------

Umeko rounded the corner after hearing Ushijima's remark. She knew that Ushijima was a very blunt person, but she didn't expect that. Even if Ushijima was trying to spur Hinata into motion, it could have been phrased perhaps a bit softer.

"Umeko!"

"Yes!?" Umeko jumped and immediately turned around to see Tendou towering above her.

"How's it going?" He chirped. Tendou began to gently corral her out towards the side of the court. "What kinda drawings did you do?" Tendou knew full well that Umeko had spent most of her time trying to draw some of the students but he was more curious about the finished product over the process.