Time is a Social Construct

"One touch!" Kawanishi shouted as his hands skimmed the side of the ball.

Umeko tapped the pencil to her lips a few times before she finally looked up from her drawing.

"Ushijima!" Shirabu set the ball up in the air and as soon as the ball reached its peak Ushijima slammed down as hard as he could with his left hand.

"Winner! Blue team!"

Umeko smiled then looked back down to finish off the final pieces of her artwork. She had drawn Ushijima in a spiking position. It was just a sketch and there was no real detail except for in the face. Out of all the art styles her favorite was realism and stills. She figured that since she was watching an active sport, she would spend her time trying to perfect dynamic poses. Umeko liked to think it was going well but the problem was that she only got considerably better at volleyball poses. She groaned and closed her sketch book. Next time.

-----

Shirabu was walking up to Umeko but paused when he saw a sheet of paper slip out of her notebook. "Umeko, you dropped something." Shirabu picked up the paper and scanned over its contents, it seemed like an old news article.

'Time travelling is real! Aliens? I think not!'

Shirabu froze as he read the contents. "Uh..."

"Shirabu!?" Umeko hastily ran back to him and swiped the paper out of his hands and back into her sketchbook. "D-did you see?" Umeko looked up at Shirabu, the tips of her ears bright red.

"Well...Yes" He looked away from her not knowing how to fully respond. Usually he wouldn't have any issues coming up with anything to say but this time he was rendered speechless, not even a witty remark came to mind. He never expected an interest like time travel. People are free to like and believe in what they want but he didn't peg Umeko for the 'time traveler' type.

Umeko sighed and held onto Shirabu's arm. "Since you can't unsee it I might as well show you it all. Let's go." She began to walk pulling a rather unwilling Shirabu along with her. Before she exited the gym, she waved the rest of the team goodbye. "Shirabu and I have something we need to get to, so we'll be leaving first! Bye bye!"

"Wait what, no. Where are we going?" Shirabu tried to wriggle out of Umeko's grasp but to no avail. She was surprisingly stronger than he gave her credit for.

"My dorm room." Umeko refused to let go and strong armed him along -much like Tendou had before. "Visiting hours are still open so it's alright for you to be in the girls' dorm."

"Umeko, I won't tell anyone anything, so you really don't have to show me." Shirabu was grasping at the straws in a desperate attempt to talk her out of showing him.

"B-but Shirabu...I want to show my best friend." She gave him her best puppy dog eyes as she laid it on thick. "I thought that out of everyone, I could show you this because you are my mentor and my friend." She batted her eyelashes pleadingly.

-------

"Whewwww that was unusual" Tendou clapped his hands a couple times before he turned to Semi. "Don't you agree, Semi Semi?"

"And here I thought he only studied." Semi was pleasantly surprised by the sudden turn of events. It was good that Shirabu was getting out there.

------

Eventually Shirabu stopped struggling and went along with her antics. He was led into her room rather unceremoniously and he heard the door shut behind them. Shirabu wasn't sure what he was expecting when he was brought in but when he scanned the area it seemed very... like her.