Lucky Bunny

"Umeko! Umeko!" Tendou bounded over to her as soon as class was dismissed. "You should come!" He threw his hands in the air without restraint.

"Come where?" Umeko packed away all her belongings before she looked up towards the boy.

Tendou's grin never left his face. "The interhigh tournament, silly!" Tendou did a little twirl. "It's in a few days and the other sport clubs also have theirs coming up too. Isn't it an exciting season?"

"Oh." Umeko smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry but I have prior arrangements on those days. Maybe for the next matches." She rubbed the back of her neck bashfully. "I, uh. I wasn't really expecting to become friends with anyone from a sport club" Or any friends at all really. But Umeko kept that last part to herself.

Tendou pouted and seemed to visibly deflate at Umeko's rejection. "Mkayyyy, next time?"

"Yep, next time." Umeko nodded and gave him two thumbs up and a grin.

- ----DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT-----

Umeko rummaged through her wardrobe for something to wear. After little to no deliberation she decided to go for her plaid romper. The fabric was a classic checkered print with a tie waist fit, the long sleeves were already pre-rolled up from the last time she wore them. Umeko hastily tied her hair in a ponytail and picked up her large moss green messenger bag filled with art supplies. There were three pins on the flap, the first one was a clock pin, the second one was an alien pin and the last one was a godzilla pin. Despite the bag being years old, it was still as reliable as ever.

---------

"Good luck!" Umeko waved the boys goodbye as they left for the competition. Once they were out of sight, she readjusted the bag strap on her shoulder so it would hang comfortably. Well, as comfortably as a bag of art supplies could be. Suddenly remembering something she needed to do Umeko pulled out her phone and dialed a number. It rang twice before the recipient answered.

A male voice spoke first "Hello?"

"Hey! Are you both there?"

"Yes~!" another voice chirped in the background.

Umeko smiled -not that they could see- and began to walk to her destination while she spoke. "I know you have a game today so good luck!"

"How did you know?" The voice sounded pretty taken a back from her words.

"Pretty much all the sport clubs in our school are also competing so I figured it'd be the same for you guys."

"Whaaa~ that's actually really good deductive reasoning" The more energetic of the two voices exclaimed.

Umeko couldn't see it but she could hear the stupid grin on her friend's face. It was honestly a shame she didn't end up going to the same school as the both of them, she figured she would have enjoyed it. "Psh, of course! I'm super smart."

"Lies. You only have art on your brain."

"That's so mean" She whined playfully.

"Yeah yeah. We gotta go to warm up. We'll let you know how it goes." The rougher voice huffed. "See ya"

"Bye bye" Umeko hung up the phone before she shoved it back into her pocket.

----------

Umeko stood unmoving for a few minutes to take in the appearance of the hospital. The new hospital wing was just out of construction and currently didn't have any patients checked in. Upon entering it felt like the atmosphere was completely different. The air had a perfumed scent and the seats were plush. Every surface was dustless. There were no nurses walking around nor patients occupying rooms causing the area to hold a serene purposefulness waiting for use.