Umbrellas and Blue Skies

"But I love you." He took a step closer to Umeko, his voice a little shaky. "I've watched you sit by the staircase and you are so lovely, so I know you don't actually mean that, right? That would really hurt my feelings."

Perhaps she shouldn't have rejected him in such a blunt manner, but she really, really didn't want to be an item with this guy. Despite him taking a step closer Umeko didn't budge, instead she held her head high and narrowed her eyes. She was going to stand by what she said.

"Wowwwww"

Both Umeko and the unknown boy turned to the voice. It was Tendou. "I must be interrupting something aren't I?" He laughed lightly yet his facial expression didn't match. Tendou hummed and slowly moved beside Umeko. "Actually, I think you're done here." Tendou's voice hitched at the end making his threat just a tad bit creepier.

The boy didn't say anything more before he backed away, he didn't want to deal with the creepy redhead. Once the boy was out of sight Umeko relaxed and sighed out of relief. It was safe to say that the 'event' had ended smoothly with the help of Tendou.

Tendou's smirk grew even wider before he began to walk away. "I saw the whoooooole thing~"

-----

The overcast sky seemed to darken as the remainder of the morning classes went by smoothly. If the weather continued it would probably rain by the afternoon.

- ----LATER THAT DAY-----

"Shirabu, what have you been teaching her?!" Semi pulled Shirabu to sit next to him in the cafeteria. Whenever the team ate together it was bound to be a little chaotic but despite this, Umeko had managed to stun the entire table.

"What have I been teaching who?" Shirabu was genuinely confused for a moment. He had no idea what Semi was talking about, that was until he noticed Umeko looking rather embarrassed and Tendou loudly recounting a story with exaggerated gestures. "Ohhh, heh."

Semi groaned at Shirabu's reaction. "You aren't even going to try to hide that you did it?"

"Not at all." Shirabu shuffled in his chair to sit comfortably in it, if he guessed right Tendou was probably telling the group about something that Umeko did.

"...And then this other kid seemed super into her." Tendou leaned forward. "He was declaring his love for Umeko. Of course, she turned him down, which I'm very proud of. I was almost scared she was going to say yes." He chuckled through his grin. "I expected her to turn him down gently, but instead she goes on and drops a hard 'no' followed by her asking who he was. Umeko was giving off some intense Shirabu vibes with how hard that rejection was."

Umeko reddened even more. "I-I didn't know what to say." She pouted and puffed up one cheek. "I didn't want to go out with him at all. I really had no idea who he was." She shuffled in her seat contemplating something that really bothered her. "D-do I really look that lonely?" Trivial as it was, she wanted to know.

The noise at the table died down, "Not anymore you don't." Ushijima's expression didn't change but everyone knew it was a heartfelt response. "You have us now."

--------

Earlier in the day there was a blue sky that peeked out through the clouds but now in the afternoon there was no sky, only a rough blanket of mottled grey to block out the sun. The usual virescently hues of the surroundings were muted and dull. The air became damp as the rain started to fall slowly.

The rest of the group had left first and abandoned Ushijima and Umeko at the cafeteria. The pair stood side by side at the entrance. Ushijima heard the notification from his phone and went to read the text