Chapter Thirteen: Welcome to Playtime

Warning: mild gore and swearing involved. Reader disgretion is advised.

I tried to wriggle out of those long, blue arms. I think Huggy Wuggy had other ideas, since he wrapped his arms around my waist tighter. He warned in a goofy voice, "You're not yet ready for school, pumpkin pie! School doesn't start until 8:00!" He patted my head with his yellow hand probably as a means to show comfort and yawned, reminding me of his sharp, deadly looking teeth. 

Huggy's yawn sounded like a Creeper hissing from Minecraft (I had a pet creeper at one point. That ended after Tina hit him and blew him up in an attempt to injure me. I'd love to go full Sonic.exe on her for doing that to my darling Creeper. Chaos, I loved Jewel... but that's irrelevant!). I felt flushed as he flung me back into the bed. I'm not going to lie, but this bed is uber comfortable. Okay, scratch that. I felt the "bed" move underneath me as if I was laying on top of something that is alive. Huggy Wuggy is uber comfy! I thought, snuggling in closer. For a scary monster with sharp teeth, Huggy's honestly really warm and cuddly. 

"What time is it?" I ask, letting out a soft yawn. I snuggled in closer. I never thought I would say this about Huggy, but it's really nice cuddling him. It almost feels exactly like cuddling my biological parents and Sonic both into one...

"11:30 at night, pumpkin." He mumbled, his voice box seeming to stutter. "Now go to sleep."

I couldn't fall asleep. Seriously, though, I would love to see you try to fall asleep with a giant, Lovecraftian Sour Patch Kid whose mouth and teeth are just mere inches away from your face which could be life or death if I tried to wriggle out. I tried again, this time making my voice a bit louder so that I could be heard, "But-!"

Huggy's tone made it clear that I shouldn't press my luck on the matter any further. "Pumpkin, go to sleep." Huggy rumbled, "I don't like to talk much. I'll explain it in the morning." Something told me that I should take the monster's words with a grain of salt. I had a feeling that Huggy Wuggy is not very talkative, especially at night. So I shut my eyes and prayed I don't get eaten.

~~~~~

The next morning, I yawned and peeked around the room. I noticed that there was only one way in and out: the vent on the ceiling is the only way I could get away from this jail of a room. Unfortunately, it was too high even if I spin dashed (not like I had room to spin dash, anyways). I turned slowly as I heard a hiss. I relaxed when I realized that it was only Huggy waking up. I noticed one yellow hand touch the ceiling and I realized that I was in his room. I stammered, "M-morning."

Huggy replied with a cartoonish yawn, "Good morning, pumpkin pie." His black eyes appeared to be mildly drowsy as he rubbed his eyes with his left arm. I noticed that his brilliant blue fur seemed mildly unkempt. "Ready?" He pressed.

I nodded shakily and without another word, he scooped me up. Being in the arms of a giant blue monster who knew my dad was a bit interesting to say the least. I wondered, What will Sonic do once he gets past this thing? I know that he's fast... but I wonder if my werehog form could get me out of here. I never tried using my disguise ring on my werehog form.

I'm not going to scream. I reminded myself. I finally decided to do something stupid. I asked Huggy, "When's the last time someone brushed-!?" I was cut off by the sight of the blue fuzzball flashing his teeth and growling at me. I quickly apologized and clamped my mouth shut. That was way too risky for me to ask. I realized.

I felt Huggy unwrap his arms, and I fell down like a brick. I let out a whole plethora of curse words under my breath, wondering if I would have enough time to change into a werehog.

~~~~~

I never thought I would say this, but Playtime makes STH Academy look decent punishment wise. During my classes, I see the different mascots bite different toys' and crushing them in painful ways (Huggy told me that the toys are all alive, even the small ones). I wondered if tonight was a full moon in this universe. After they excused us for dinner, I wondered, "Is tonight a full moon?"

One of the small Kissy Missy dolls within earshot gasped. I turn to stare at the little doll and asked it why it gasped. It replied in a small, shaky voice, "It's very dangerous on a full moon. Huggy and Kissy become unpredictable and would maim you at best if you tried to escape at all. I had a few mates try to escape this prison. Poor blokes did not stand one chance."

I grumbled a curse word and asked, "Are you British?"

"I was in another life. I was an orphan."

"Same here. Sonic adopted me."

"Who's Sonic?" I kind of felt really bad for the poor doll at this point. I realized that the last time this kid was outside must have been before 1984 (I'm going off what I've learned from Huggy Wuggy's podium).

"Never mind. But is tonight a full moon?" I was gauging how thick the doors were and if being a werehog would be powerful enough to tear it. I knew I had to use my new gift to get the fucking hell out and get home.

"Yes. You're not plotting to run off, are you?" The Kissy doll asked, her tiny voice full of fear.

"Nah. Just a prank." I lied. I never thought I would see a toy scamper away in such a terrorized way. What in the name of Chaos does these monsters do to these toys? I wondered. I knew that I needed to find something to bite into as I transformed ASAP and I laid my eyes on a broken Bron toy that has been dismembered. I knew that the head was detached. This looks viable. I can't be choosy. I decided, stashing the body and neck of the dinosaur into my dress.