New People

I try to cover my neck with makeup I just bought a few hours ago. Unfortunately it doesn't do its job that well- you can still see some color differences. I also add some light makeup before looking at my alarm clock. Because I still don't have a phone, I see that I have 5 more minutes left. Before making my way downstairs I decide to put on some of my new clothes.
I pick out a brown colored dress. It fits perfectly on my body.

As I walk downstairs my heart starts to race

As I walk downstairs my heart starts to race. That's gonna be the first time they see me looking pretty and I'm scared of what they might think. Not to forget my bad looking neck and puffy eyes.

Are they gonna say something? Probably not but what if they do? What if they see my bruises on my neck!?

I try to ignore those thoughts as I make my way into the kitchen with a huge dining table next to it. If your lucky you can watch over the city while your eating, depending on where you sit.

Everyone is already seated. Well except for a woman with long, red hair who is cooking. She greets me and now everyone's attention is on me.
I flash her a smile and then I notice some more unfamiliar faces among the people.
A muscular man, with dirty blond hair is sitting at the left end of the table. Next to him a slim guy, having black, shoulder long hair and then next to him I spot the devil himself.

Bucky.

There are two seats free. As I walk over to sit next to Tony, he looks over.

"Y/n you look great." he says.

He clearly doesn't see my puffy eyes.

"Thank you Tony." I get shy and I can feel my face warm up, so I quickly look down.
As I want to sit down he starts talking again.

"Would you mind taking the other free seat? Wanda and I need to talk about a mission." while watching over to the woman in the kitchen.

A mission? What kind of mission? Just then I realize that I have actually no clue what they are doing. Are those guys some heroes or what?

I laugh in my head as I make my way over to the other free chair just to see who's sitting across from me. I hesitate for a second before I sit down. The guy next to Bucky seems to notice.

"Are you okay?" he asks, leaning forward.

As I look at him I notice Bucky's view lands on me and then the guy on the end of the table talks.

"Loki! Leave this lovely lady alone. I'm sorry for my brother. I'm Thor nice to meet you and this is Loki, well, my brother." he says while extending his hand for me to shake.

"No worries." I smile,"I'm y/n."

Without answering Loki's question I sit down, not daring to look at Bucky, which stare I can still feel once again. Nothing new.
The red head brings the food and sits down.
Now Tony introduces me to them and we all have a small chat. He doesn't tell them everything I told him so far, but they all seemed to understand. Well except Bucky of course, still convinced I hide something. At least I think so.
I tell them that I want to try my best to be helpful and all.
The normal talk.

As we eat I barley talk. Peter sits on the left of mine and talks to Thor. They seem to get along pretty good. Probably knowing each other already.

My curiosity grows to have a look at Bucky. I give in and take the risk. As I look up from my food I see him already looking at me. His expression isn't stoic and angry this time. It is more confused and I can sense a bit of sorrow. He looks at my neck, then back up.
As I furrow my eyebrows he looks back to his food, so do I.

And then my thoughts wander to the situation that happened 30 minutes ago. I start to feel my eye water again. But before I let a tear escape I think about something else. Loki notice once again that something isn't right with me.

"Are you sure you're okay, y/n?" His voice is soft and calming. I look up and just give him a nod and a smile. Still not convinced he goes back on digging in his food.

After dinner I stand up and want to say my goodbye to everyone. I thank Wanda for the food.
As I'm about to go, Thor calls after me.

"Lady y/n, would you like to join us to watch a movie together? That's what we kind of do every Sunday." Thor speaks.

I look at him and then at everyone else. Everyone was down for it but Bucky doesn't make a sound. Now I feel bad, even tho I shouldn't. This is still just the second day and they already act like I'm here since forever. I don't feel comfortable and also tired and so I say "no thank you" and leave. Tony and Natasha are booing me out. I have to laugh a bit at their behavior but make my way back to my room.

——————
As I close the door to my room I let my dress fall to the ground. I pick it up and hang it over the chair in the corner. In my panties, I walk into the bathroom to take of my makeup. I take some cotton pads and wipe them over my face and neck which let my bruises, in form of a hand, reappear. Before I could get dressed again, there's a knock on my door.

"Y/n? You in there?"

Out of panic I run to my wardrobe and toss a pair of sweatpants and a t-Shirt on top. I open my door and see Loki standing in front of me.

"Hey..." is all he says.

"What's up?" I say, slightly out of breath because of me rushing to get some clothes on me. I lean on the doorframe.

"I don't want to come across intrusive or anything but I wanted just to make sure you're ok. ...You seemed kind of lost at the dinner table."

"Well, to be honest... you might be true with that." I say, looking to my feet.

"Do you want to talk about it? I know how hard it can be when people don't like you." he asks. Slightly laughing his eyes wander to my neck. He stops laughing and furrows his brows at the sight.

I just shake my head and give him a small smile, not thinking about the fact that he just saw my bruised neck in form of a hand.
"No, thank you I'm alright, but thanks for checking on me. You know it's just a lot right now. So many new people and all." I fake laugh.

Not believing me, he points at my neck. My eyes grow big and without hesitation I move my hand over the bruises, trying to cover them up.

"Oh, erm... don't worry about it, it's just... it's just an accident." I try to brush it off.
Not me defending Bucky's behavior right now.

"A accident in form of a hand?" he narrows his eyes.

"Mhm..." I hum.

With that he gives me a assuring look and leaves my door. I don't know why he didn't dig further into this but I'm glad he didn't.

I close my door again and go to bed. Laying on my back my hands wander over my neck. Before i can think about it again I force myself to fall asleep.

Is he going to tell someone?