Jealousy Is My Favorite Emotion

Down in the lobby I walk to the entrance. I stand in front of it. I should not step outside. Not only for my safety but also for theirs...
But I need to clear my head. Without thinking any longer, I step outside.

I am meet with the smell of emissions of the busy traffic and people walking on the sidewalk. I stay rooted. People on their phones shoot me a look because I stand in the middle of the sidewalk. I get anxious.

I start walking, not knowing where to go. I walk what feels like eternity. Then I stop mid tracks.

What if someone followed me!?

I turn around and see no one, just to notice that I don't know where I am. I walk around ten minutes longer. Or was it 30 minutes? I loose track of time. Damn it.

I have to look around again. I have a weird sensation that someone has an eye on me.
And my gut is always right. But still no one. At least no one I know or someone suspicious.

I'm now in a park, still not knowing where I am.
I sit down on a bench. I still have no phone so I can't text or call someone. With no idea what to do, I rest my head down on my hands. Then I feel my eyes fill with tears. I feel stares on me.

Why am I that stupid to go for just a walk? I have no orientation at all. Everything is just so much right now.

I shoot back up as I feel a grip on my shoulder.
With tears in my eyes, to my surprise, I see Steve.
He squats down in front of me, so I look down on him.

"Hey y/n. Hey, what are you doing here? Why are you outside?" His voice is caring.

"Is someone with you?" He looks around. Of course finding no one.

"Why are you crying? Did someone hurt you?"

He asks so many questions. I just fall down into his arms. He puts his hands around me and holds me tight. His left hand holds my head.

"It's okay. Let it out." he says.

"I'm sorry." I say sobbing.

"For what." now pulling away.

"I left the- the tower. I-I shouldn't have-" I say in between my sobs. "I- I just needed to...comprehend something." confused on the words I use. Awkward.

"No, no y/n. No one ever said that you weren't allowed to leave. Just- maybe next time if you leave not alone or at least let someone know." he assures me.

I nod, not looking at him. He leans towards me and presses his lips on my cheek.
I smile softly at the encounter.

"Ah, there we go." he smiles.

After a quiet minute, I question myself what he was doing here. Was he maybe following me? But how would he know that I left? Why didn't he said something before, or was is just luck to meet him?

"What are you doing here tho?" I ask.

"I went on a run. Almost immediately after you left the living room." He says almost immediately.

I nod again.

I told him that I got lost and than we make our way back to the compound.
He stays with me till we reach the 12th floor.
Before I step out I give him a hug and thank him.
I never gonna go out again. Well, at least not in the heat of a moment.

————————
In the living room I see Peter sitting with a girl. I walk over and greet them.

"Oh, hi y/n. Haven't seen you in a while." Peter states.