I'm Sorry

It's been now two weeks since I injured Sharon. She's still in her coma caused by the huge amount of blood loss.

Like Tony told me I didn't left the 12th floor. There was always someone making sure of it. Most of the time the police took care of it, not that I cared to leave. Okay, I'm not gonna lie. I did thought about sneaking away. Just leaving them but in this situation it might be a rather stupid idea.

I still haven't talked about the truth and by now it's too late to come forward with it. It is a constant pressure and I can tell that Bucky knows or at least thinks about something. He can tell something is bothering me but every time he asks I brush it off.
But also lighting the good things, Bucky and I grew closer together. There's not one day since we haven't talked. Most of the time he stays with me on the floor even tho he doesn't have to.

Sadly I haven't got my talk with Steve and it makes me crazy. I tried so many times through Friday, but no chance.
Bucky knows my frustrated I am and to my surprise he bought me a phone. I then started to text Steve about how I am sorry but he doesn't responds. Never. Not once. By now I gave up. If he doesn't want to talk. That's fine. At some point he has to listen to me.

Sometimes Wanda came to visit me. Same does Peter and of course Tony and Fury, that's it. Nat also doesn't talk to me anymore and it makes me sad. Mad even. She also doesn't listen. What kind of friends...

Currently I'm standing in the kitchen. I wait for my coffee as I feel a pair of hands on my waist. Knowing exactly who it is I can't help but smile. I turn around just to be faced with Bucky. Looking closely at his face my smile drops. He looks concerned.

"Hey..." he says.

"Hey, everything alright?" I ask curious. My eyes wander between his'.

"Well, she woke up. She's week but she opened her eyes a few minutes ago." he says, looking directly into my eyes.

I gulp. This is bad. This is really bad.

"Is- is she okay?"

"Yeah, I think so."

I nod slowly, looking away as I feel my anxiety kicks in.

Whatever she's gonna say, it will look not good. It's either she says how this situation really happened, including telling them she's part of Hydra, leaving that part out or she first wants to listen to my side of the story so she can lie as well.
Even tho the last thought might be the perfect outcome for me, it is the dumbest thing I've ever thought. Like she would actually do that.

"When she's gonna be more conscious, Fury will talk to her, of course not alone. I just really hope we can solve this. I don't like seeing you like this." he says while caressing my arms.

I just nod again.

As I turn around again to grab my coffee, Bucky presses his body against mine. He starts kissing my shoulders. My neck. My cheek. I hum quietly by his touch.
Then we get interrupted by Friday letting us know to go to the conference room.
Right now? Really?

My concerns grow and of course Bucky notices.
He turns me around and lifts up my chin with his right hand, leaving me with no other option to look at him.

"Hey, it's gonna be alright, doll. You said the truth and that's all that matters." he softly smiles at me.

Not. Helping. Because I did in fact lie. So nothing is going to be okay.

We both make our way to the elevator. When we step inside I look at myself. This is going to be the first time I left the 12th floor since two weeks and people can tell. My skin never was this pale. Ever. I look kind of sick, not gonna lie and my dark eye bags are not helping. I look like shit.