Thank You

I stop in my tracks.

"Please..." he says.

I stay rooted as I hear his steps getting closer to me. I still don't dare to turn around. As he walks slow, big steps, I feel how the heat rises in me again. If I would turn around now, he would be faced with a red faced girl.

"I'm sorry. I didn't expected you to say something like that. You caught me by surprise." he chuckles.

"No need to be sorry." still faced away from him.

Before I can make a step to leave, he grabs my hand. Not with his metal one. His flesh hand. It's warm and soft.

"I'm just not good in expressing feelings." he whispers, standing against me. Almost touching.

Now I decide to turn around even tho my face probably looks like a tomato at this moment.
I pull my hand back. As I look up at him he's barely a foot away from me. I take a step back. Then I realize he's still in just a towel.

Not. Helping. Don't look down. Don't. Look. Down!

"Look, I'm really grateful of what you did that day. I don't want to imagine what could have happened. I just wanted to say thank you. That's all."

This probably sounded more rude than I wanted it to sound. Well, too late now, but I am nervous and I just want to get out of this situation. I see his face drops again. Now I'm faced with anger and sadness.

I don't understand this dude. One time he is a total ass. Then the other he's kind. He doesn't make sense.
Okay, to be fair, this was my fault right now.

He looks me up and down. Then he turns his head to the side, trying to find some words to backfire, I think. Maybe I should stop thinking because with that he just turns around and leaves me standing in the hallway. I get a view of his naked back. Wide shoulders. Even his ass looks good, just covered by the towel.
God damn it y/n. Keep yourself together.

Before he goes back in his room he stops.

"Just don't expect me to do something like this ever again for you. You hear me?"

He wasn't yelling but loud enough to make a point. As I stand there he shuts his door with a loud bang.

Damn, I messed up. Or was it already messed up before he even defended me across the street?

Anyways, now I'm being left alone in the hallway as I start to feel the tears creeping up in my eyes. I don't know what comes over me but at this moment my day couldn't get any worse. Then a small sob escapes my mouth. Then my heart stops. I hear Bucky's door knob turn. Before he can face me I walk to my room. In syntonization we both open our door. He walks out and I walk in. Just different rooms.
I don't know if he saw me crying but he certainly heard me.

Well, fuck me. Please and thank you.

I'm afraid he might comes in without knocking so I lock my door. I throw myself on the bed as I cry into my pillow. My breath catches up and my sobs get more forced. I just can't stand when people raise their voice at me.

Bucky's pov

I just see her walk in her room. Covering her mouth.

Is she really crying? Because of me?
I should be the one crying. Defending her and then daring to speak to me like that.

But I just can't leave her like that. I was yelling at her. No. I was just... loud. Still stupid.

I walk over to her room. I knock on it softly while turning the door knob. It's locked. Who would have guessed?