01

Elena wakes me up, see seems to have an agenda for the day, which scares me cause lately she's been spending every hour trying to find Stefan. We go to Mystic Grille, where Alaric is normally at.

"Did you get anything?" Alaric takes a sip of his bourbon. Alaric loves his bourbon, no matter what time of the day it is.

"How do you feel about a little hike through the smoky mountains?" Elena asks. "You wanna hunt down a pack of werewolves on a full moon?"

"We'll be out of there before the moon is full Ric. And if anything, me and Elena will just go by ourselves." Ric stops me and Elena from leaving.

"What? You're the one who told us that we can handle things on my own now." Elena mentions, which he did say that. He felt bad for staying when Aunt Jenna was killed.

"Yeah, I meant like frozen dinners and SAT's. All— all right. Let's just— let's just go. But, uh, you're driving."

"Is there anyway I don't have to walk through the disgusting woods? Theirs bugs, everywhere." I say swatting flies.

"Sadly no, but in a couple hours, the full moon's gonna rose just above the ridge. If Tyler's right, that's where the pack will be."

"You were a Boy Scout, weren't you?" Elena asks, making us laugh.

"Shut up."

"A Boy Scout, slash vampire slayer." I joke to brighten up the mood everyone's in. "Slash whiskey-drinking all-around lost cause."

Ric opens his bag which has a lot of vampire killing weapons. Like tons.

"You came stocked." I raise my eyebrows at Elena. "Well, we aren't exactly bird-watching. Here Mads, take this."

"Vervain grenade?" i ask. "Wolfsbane." While I was putting it in my bag, Elena gave Alaric back the Gilbert ring.

"Take it, it'll protect you from whatever danger we're about to get into." Elena argues with Alaric. Alaric doesn't want to take it, but Elena wants him to have it.

"Okay, Ric you can borrow the ring and after we survive this you can give it back? You 2 arguing is getting very annoying."

Damon comes out of nowhere and throws Elena into the water, i jump getting scared.

"Damon! How are you even here!" Elena yells from the water, I'm trying not to laugh.

"Thanks for the tip, brother." Damon looks at Ric and i also look at Ric. "Really?" I cross my arms.

"Think I'd take you both to a mountain range or werewolves on a full moon without backup?"

"And why are you here Mads? It's not safe." Damon says. "Cause I want to help, and I'll be as safe as ever, have you three." I smile making Damon roll his eyes.

"Here's what's going to happen, we'll split up. I'll go with Elena, Ric goes with little Gilbert."

"How is splitting up the better option Damon?" Alaric asks. "We will find him faster."

Me and Alaric have been walking for an hour now. But we here something in the woods. "Madeline keep going, I'll catch up with you." I don't get how that's safe, but I keep going.

It's been an hour, the suns setting, basically dark out... and I haven't seen Alaric, so I'm getting a little scared. I come across an open area in the woods, where there was a bunch of dead people laying on the ground.

There was this guy, he looked a lot older than me. He had the same color hair as mine, but his hair was curly, bluish green eyes. I had an instinct to trust him, but I knew he looked bad. I don't trust him, but I feel a gut feeling.

"What happened?" I say worried. When you see a bunch of dead people on the floor, I obviously get scared. The man turns around.

"Another wolf?" He smirks.

"No, Human. But I'm looking for someone and apparently he's here, my friend disappeared and I found these humans—"

"They aren't humans, they're wolves. Are you sure you aren't one love?" Why does he keep asking me that?

"Im not a wolf." As I say that, I see Stefan walking with a dead person on his back, he looks at me and gives me a worried look, but also the don't say anything look.

"They went rabid." The brown haired man says to stefan, from the looks of it looks like he's going to die. "Some of them i killed, the others just... bled out." The man yells and throws his beer on the floor.

"I did everything I was told! I should be able to turn them. I broke the curse. I killed a werwolf and a vampire. I killed the doppelgänger."

This is Klaus. Damon and stefan told me about him, and if we ran into him, especially a human. We're in danger. The reason he can't make whatever he's making is because my sisters alive.

"You look like hell."

"Last time I checked, I'm dying..." Stefan replies, and drinks Klaus' blood.

"It appears you're the only comrade I have left. And onto more important matters, who are you? And what are you looking for?" Klaus looks at me.

"Madeline." I say looking at Stefan who's staring at me wanting me not to say anything, but I didn't know what to do.

"Madeline. Hmm, and why shouldn't kill you right here and now?"

Stefan points at himself, I guess he wants me to use him as a excuse? I don't really know.

"Because I know Stefan. And that's who I was looking for." Klaus looks at Stefan and back at me.

"Old friends I presume? Well you're coming with us." Klaus smirks.

"What! N—" before I could even say no, I get flown across hitting into a tree, making my vision blurred and passing out.