21

It's the next morning, had to wake up early for school. It was first period, in which I sit in front of Stefan, like I usually do.

"Why do we have to come to this class again?" I turn around asking Stefan.

"Because one, there's a vampire hunter in town and you both need to ask like kids and 2, you need to get out of the house Mads."

"The first period, and I'm ready to bawl my eyes out." Elena comments. This is the first time being back in Alarics classroom.

"Morning, everyone. So I'm throwing a little anti-curfew party at my new house— starts in the fifth period. Goes to whenever. Spread the word." Rebekah starts handing out flyers.

"Madeline here you go. You're welcome to join, Elena, if you'd like to bury the hatchet."

"It's a pretty enormous hatchet." Elena sarcastically smiles.

"Well, I'm feeling generous of spirit."

"New house, huh? Did your brother finally kick you out?" Elena asks.

"He didn't kick me out. I left."

"So you left the only person on earth that actually likes you?"

"Well your boyfriend likes me once. Actually, a lot more than once. And your sister and I were friends."

"If that's what you like to call it, I guess... sure. But then you decided to kill us." I cross my arms and roll my eyes.

"Why are you still in town, Rebekah? Don't you have anywhere else to go?" Stefan asks.

"Well, history's my favorite class. Actually, where is mr. Saltzman? Oh, that's right. I killed him." Elena throws a pencil at Rebekah, but she catches it and hits Elena's shoulder.

The bell rings and we walk outside and see the hunter, and he walks towards Jeremy. "Mads, get to class, Elena you take care of that." Stefan says pointing to the blood.

"It was a valiant first-day effort. No one will judge you if you want to go home." Caroline says. We all were outside an hour later, as Elena is a hot mess.

"I don't want to go home. I want to take the white-oak stake and kill her. That's how mad I am. She made me murderous."

"How about we just leave the murdering to Damon?" Stefan replies.

"And— and then do what? Ignore her to death?" Elena asks.

"Look, she's trying to make herself feel better. She knows that everybody hates her, so she's trying to hate harder. Tell you what, let's just skip the rest of the day, go have some fun. I feel like this day is severely lacking in fun."

"Yeah. Ok, fine. We'll go to her party and show her that she can't intimidate me. I just have to go home and change first." Elena says walking off

"Um, does she seem a little off balance to you?" Caroline asks

"Yeah. She's channeling all her emotions into rage. Makes her feel like she has purpose. I used to do that too, when I was, you know..."

"The ripper?" I ask

"Yeah. She needs to come to terms with it, confront it, let it in before she can let it go."

"You're good at this. You know that? You saved my vampire life now your saving hers. You should write a book, go on The View."

"Yeah, I'm not going to the party. If you didn't know I hold grudges."

"We know." Stefan and Caroline both say.

"We can drop you off at Tyler's if you want. Since everyone else is busy and—"

"You don't won't your boyfriend sitting by himself? Sure."

Caroline drops me off at Tyler's house.

"Looks like the hunter beat your ass up again. And before you ask they are going to Rebekah's party and i hold grudges." I say walking in and seeing this girl.

"Who the hell are you?" I ask

"Um, who the hell are you?" She says back.

"I'm Madeline." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Oh, you're the Luna. I'm Hayley, I helped Tyler break his sire bind, as I helped another hybrid who said he had to protect Tyler, what are the chances?"

"So I got you calling me lockwoof and Madeline calling me lockwolf."

"Well your names boring." I mention, and Hayley agrees with me. We literally had the same personality, it was scary.

"Your a new face." I hear a British voice say.

"And I take it from your accent you're an old one. Klaus."

"My reputation precedes me—"

"Your reputation sucks." I mention, which makes Klaus laugh.

"Why are you here Madeline?"

"Because I don't want to go to your sister's little anti curfew party." I cross my arms.

"And you. You're a friend of Tyler's. That's strange. He's never mentioned you. And I think I know why." Klaus smirks while i furrow my eyebrows. He was using vamp hearing and me and Hayley don't have that.

"I think I'm going to wait for Tyler to come back from talking to Caroline, stir some trouble." Klaus says.

"No." I say, Indicating for him to leave.

"Or I can stay here with you, your choice."

"No, just go!" I shout, Klaus walking away with a huge smirk on his face

"I thought you guys were fated?" Hayley asks.

"Sadly, yeah. Doesn't affect how I act though, it's just uncontrollable in the future."

"But I don't think you're sad about it."

"Well let's just say he's—" Klaus walks in grabbing my arm.

"You're coming with me and Damon."

"You and Damon? When do you two ever talk?" I ask and he ignores me, bringing me to his car.

"You three are going to kill me anyway." The hunter says.

"Well, let's not be too hasty. One, Madeline over here I dragged her out before she told Hayley her unresolved feelings for me, and second, I feel like we're just getting to know each other." I glare at Klaus and Damon glares at me.

"Let's star with the basics. Where are you from? What do you know? Maybe you can cue me in on this greater evil, because we've fought this guy, and there's nothing more evil than that." Damon smirks.

"Yeah, truth be told, I'm as evil as it gets."

"I'm not telling you anything. You think if you kill me, it's gonna be over? There's another waiting to take my place." The hunter shouts.

"See, this is what I like to hear— vague threats,
Ominous prophecies, disappearing tattoos." As Damon says that Klaus' smirk fades instantly.

"What do you mean, tattoos?"

"Don't bother. You can't see the damn thing."

"There's more to you than meets the eye, isn't there? Nice try, but I'm faster than your average vampire. You're one of the five."

"The what?" I ask.

"I'm faster than the average hunter." He says triggering the bomb, Klaus grabs me and runs out, but i fall on the floor because I'm me.

"Are you okay?" Klaus asks.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just a little scratch that will heal." I say. We head back to the Salvatore house, since Stefan called Klaus 100 times.

Apparently Elena has werewolf venom in her system, i had to convince Klaus to help her, which was really easy, which scared me.