11

I wake up to the Sheriff at the front door. Elena went on a run and Alaric was hung over.

"Sheriff Forbes, hey, is everything alright?" I ask as I hear Alaric and Elena come stand next to me.

"This is an unconventional conversation we're about to have, so I hope you'll protect me on it."

"Of course." Alaric replies to Sheriff Forbes.

"I assume you both heard our medical examiner was murdered the night of the wickery bridge fundraiser."

"Yeah. Brian walters, why?"

"We've been investigating. Someone drove this stake through his heart." Sheriff hands the stake to Alaric.

"It's one of ours. I mean, this is one of a set from your guys parents' lake house." Alaric looks at me and Elena.

"That's why I'm here. I haven't told anyone, but forensics ran it for prints and found only one clean set. Yours." Sheriff looks at Elena.

"What?"

Can't believe they think Elena would kill the examiner, it's Elena. She can't kill.

We head back inside and call Damon, which he had a lot of snarky comments which was very annoying.

"I'm going with Caroline to the hospital to pick up her dad, Alaric will be here, what are you doing Mads?"

"I'm going to go to the Salvatore's. See if he's doing anything."

"And if Stefan's there?" Alaric asks.

"I'll deal with it."

I go and see Stefan, of course, the one person I didn't want to see.

"Oh good, the Gilbert I wanted to see, here's some clothes, an original wants you at dinner tonight."

"I can pick out my own clothes Stefan, but thanks." I roll my eyes and walk upstairs to find Damon.

"Damon!" I shout and he comes walking in.

"Kiddo, look through this closest for a dress, you have to come to dinner, you know who wants you there."

"Why can't you just say Klaus?"

"Because it's more fun that way. Sounds like you 2 are getting more flirty."

"Well we aren't. He's killed millions of people including my aunt Jenna, that can't be forgiven."

I find a grey dress, it's a little revealing but whatever. Makes me look hotter. And I'm wearing my black converse, my go to shoes. I put my hair in a ponytail, but leave 2 front pieces to frame my face.

"Niklaus, our guests have arrived." Elijah says. Apparently Damon undaggered him last night.

"Damon. Stefan. Madeline. Elijah tells me you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men and women, shall we?"

"When are you ever civilized, just saying?"

"It's better to indulge him Madeline."

"I didn't, uh, come here to eat, Klaus. In fact, i didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to, cause you would hear us out." Stefan says.

"Hmm. Well, we can sit and eat, or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. Choice is yours." Klaus smirks and I sit down across him, Damon and Stefan next to me. I was fine with Damon next to me, but not Stefan.