07

"So why are we here again?" I ask Alaric, who made me and Jeremy watch a speech for another founders event in the main part of town.

"Well I can fail you both."

"But I've handed in everything so far." I cross my arms. "Well stay for your brothers sake then."

Elena comes running over, apologizing that she's late. She comes stands and watch this boring speech, she should be glad she's late.

I look to the side of me and see 2 people, looks like adults, parents actually looking at me. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Are you ok Mads?"

"Um, yeah Lena." I lied. And I called her Lena which I barely do.

"Hey, Jer. I need you to help me with something. I've been going through Stefan's old journals. Every single time that he's gone off the rails in the past, his best friend Lexi's been the one to bring him back."

"Oh I remember Lexi, blonde hair right?" When Elena found out about vampires, the first person she told was me. Me and my sister have always been that close, even through the worst.

"So where is she now that we need her?" Alaric asks.

"She's dead. And you want me to try to reach her, don't you?" Jeremy looks at Elena. "I thought if I knew how she did it, maybe I could help him."

"Look, i don't even know if she is on the other side."

"Other side? Is that what it's called? I ask and Elena looks at Jeremy confused.

"That's what Anna calls it there's not like an official Brochure or anything." As Jeremy was saying that, I saw saw the 2 adults again.

"I'll be right back."

I followed them... I was terrified. 2 people who I never saw in my life. They kept disappearing like ghosts. But anyways they led me to the woods. It's been a couple hours of following them.

"You guys are ghosts? How can I see you, and more importantly, who the hell are you guys?"

"Because the witch wanted you to see us. You can't trigger your curse, it will make you way too powerful and the hybrid even more powerful."

"Hold on. How do you know Klaus, and how do you know me?"

"It's not important. All you need to know is that you becoming a wolf will ruin you."

"Wasn't planning on it." I cross my arms, but still confused

"I see so much of your dad in you."

"My dad? How do you know my dad?"

"We are—"

They disappeared, and never came back.

"Wait!" I yelled, but I hear footsteps behind me. It was Damon.

I jumped.

"It's just me, Kiddo" I hear Damon's voice.

"Did you see them?"

"See who Mads? You were talking to yourself."

"No, Damon I swear there was 2 people here. They were telling me about me not triggering my curse and how they knew my dad."

"Alaric?"

"No, my bio dad. They knew him." I see Damon's face of curiosity change.

"Let's get you home, it's practically dark. You can tell me more on the way home."