24

It was the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep. I was up nervous for Elena, who's spiraling at the moment. I hear noise coming from the kitchen, and since I couldn't sleep I went to see what it was.

It was Elena. She was making tea or some drink.

"Hey Elena." I say, but she looks at me scared, but doesn't answer.

"You're not here. I got to be dreaming." She says out loud, which confused me.

"Lena, it's your sister, Madeline. Are you okay?... Elena?" I repeat myself, and she doesn't say anything. Then, she screams Jeremy name, and I hear him walking down the stairs.

"What's wrong with her?" Jeremy asks.

"I don't know." I walk closer to her but she grabs a knife and stabs me, why? I have no idea. She isn't in her right mind. I start choking. She stab me very deep.

"Madeline! Mads! Jeremy help me!" She screams, as Jeremy picks me up, they rush to the hospital.

I wake up, gasping. All I see is Caroline.

"Mads, you're ok."

"What happened?"

"Elena stabbed you. You're in the hospital. Your wound wasn't healing like it should be. But they said the wound wasn't bad and they stitched you up. I can bring you home."

"Can I spend the day with you?" I ask. I don't know why, but I didn't want to be at my house right after I was stabbed by my sister.

"Of course, let's get you out of here, I hate hospitals." Caroline mentions which made me laugh. "Tell me about it."

We get to Tyler and I was still on a lot of pain meds, so I was walking basically drugged, which is never good.
"Listen. I need Klaus to think me and Tyler broke up, will you be able to walk in yourself?"

"Yeah, I'll eventually get to a couch."

I see Klaus, Tyler and Hayley. Literally the last person I wanted to see. There were hybrids and Hayley, i knew I wasn't getting to the couch without falling so I lean against the wall, and Caroline is holding a box

"Brought your stuff. Old laptop, your Jersey, the charm bracelet." Caroline gives him the box. "Care, this isn't a good time."

"Caroline, by the breakup drama unfolding before me, I assume you've met Hayley. All right, come on. Let's go. Let's leave them alone." Klaus walks past me bumping into my shoulder on purpose. This guy is more stubborn than me.

"Do you think he bought it?" Caroline asks.

"Hell, I bought it. What's up with loopy Madeline over there."

"Elena stabbed her thinking it was not her. She's in pain meds and doesn't want to go home." Caroline quickly explains and I go to sit on the couch.

"Mads rest, we need the pain meds to fade." Caroline says and i was already asleep, and they decided to talk about you.

"What happened to her and Klaus? He full on ignored her before, the shoulder pass to be exact." Hayley mentions.

"I don't know. She doesn't really talk about him. She knows about the whole fate thing, but she likes ignoring it, she doesn't want it to happen."

"I just know that yesterday she was all for going against him. She knows about our hybrid plan and is willing to not tell him. She knows what she's doing." Tyler says walking away while the girls stay with Madeline.

I wake up and see Stefan talking to Tyler and Caroline. "How you feeling Mads?"

"How long have I been out?" I ask. "A while. Listen we need your help if you are up to it."

"Yeah, anything, what do I need to do?"

"Stall Klaus." Stefan says knowing I'm not on the best terms with him. I sigh. "Fine."

I still was a little dizzy, but I was needed to distract Klaus for their plan to work, so I sucked it up. Klaus was at Mystic Grill drinking.

"Place looks pretty good considering your hybrid got blown up in it."

"Madeline. To what do I owe the pleasure since you aren't ignoring or calling me names now?" Klaus smirks. "I want you to give me my sister back."

"Ahh. They sent you to sweet talk me. Well, good form, but I'm afraid I can't do it. She needs my help. Look, I'm not going to burden you with the gory details. I know you have enough on your plate already."

"That's none of your business."

"Well, Elena did stab you because of the curse and that's why she needs to stay with me. But, can I at least offer you a drink?"

"Usually I would say no, but, I need one right now so... yeah, thanks." I lightly smile and sit next to him as he pours me a drink.

I was on my phone and see three text messages from Stefan. He failed, lost Elena and to save her we need Jeremy to become a vampire hunter. Klaus stares me down and I just giggle.

"So here's the thing. I didn't just come here to try to get you to release Elena."

"You don't say. I thought it was weird you were calling me a jackass than the next day you are hanging with me." Klaus forcely smiles, waiting for me to explain.

"I came here to distract you so that Stefan could go to your house and break her out, which he did. And don't get mad cause I'm still a little dizzy from the pain meds, but then he lost her."

Klaus immediately gets up, very angry which I expected. "Klaus."

"Madeline. You're beautiful. But if you don't stop talking, I will kill you." I do the opposite, I keep talking. "They figured out how to stop the hallucinations."

"Ok. You have 10 seconds to tell me. And I don't care if the pain meds are making you loopy."

"The next hunter has to become an actual hunter. Meaning Jeremy has to kill a vampire for Elena to stop hallucinating."

"Are you going to leave me here?"

"Fine. Come. Glad we are on speaking terms though. You calling me a jackass were a little extreme don't you think?"

"It fits you quite well." I say as Klaus glares at me. I thought that was funny.