17

It was the next morning, I had to go with Caroline to the school for clean up committee... Caroline's making me since Tyler can't be here.

"How are you doing Mads, you look—"

"Hungover, because I am. I don't know what I was thinking last night. Downing a whole bottle isn't going to change the fact that Ric is dead." I tell Caroline and she hugs me, but then we hear a loud bang, but we ignore it.

We walk in and see Rebekah there, and no Matt. Rebekah wasn't even at the dance last night.

"Where's matt?"

"He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute. And you both are late. Clean-up committee started at 8:00."

"It's like 8:02"

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized." Rebekah sighs.

"Sorry about your mom Rebekah. I know you hated her and everything, but still." I say.

"Sorry for your teacher, and your father figure Madeline. He seemed like a nice guy."

"Yeah. He was." Caroline replies back to Rebekah. Rebekah heads to the gym while we stay in the cafeteria, but right away we hear screaming.

Caroline speed vamps and I run. I couldn't believe my eyes... it was Alaric. Which means he completed the transition. Rebekah staked him but Alaric took the stake right out.

"Madeline run!" I start to run but Alaric stops me, and right now he's way stronger than me so there's nothing I can do. He pushes me against the lockers making me pass out then goes after Caroline.

I wake up and see Caroline all tied up with vervain. I was tied up, but without any poison.

"What are you doing?"

"Madeline, you're the biggest sympathizer yet, the worse because you are also a beast in the night. You're an animal."

"What are you going to do, huh? You can't use vervain." I reply.

"Nope... I got wolfsbane." Alaric ties something that went in my mouth full of wolfsbane, making me scream in pain, then Elena walks in, gasping at us.

"Caroline! Mads! Let them go Alaric." Elena demands.

"Free then yourself."

Elena walks up to me first, since I'm closer and I'm her sister and all. She was about to take the band that was around my mouth that wrapped around my face, but Alaric stops her.

"You said that you would let them go!"

"How many times do I have to tell you, Elena? Stop trusting vampires!"

Alaric walks over to Caroline to put more vervain in her system, I hated watching Caroline hurting so much.

"Why are you doing this?" Elena asks.

"To make it easier on you when you put her out of her misery. Isn't this what you wanted, Elena? For me to teach you how to kill a vampire? Well, here's a vampire, Elena. Kill her."

"This isn't what I want."

"Of course it is. all this hours you spent training getting stronger... you could be a hunter, Elena. But you've never actually staked a vampire through the heart."

Elena and Alaric keep going back and forth, it was getting annoying.

"You need me, you too Madeline. You guys are a 17 and 18 yr old girls without parents or guidance or any sense of right and wrong anymore."