25

Tomorrow was miss mystic falls. Caroline made me apply last year to be in the running. She's making me help her set up since it'll look good. Caroline has been preparing me. The interview is today, Caroline also already prepared me for it.

"Why do I have to be here Caroline?" I sigh. I would rather be anywhere else. "Because it looks good. If they see that you really care about being miss mystic falls, more eyes will go to you. And it's interview day."

"Ok but I'm not listening to you knocking some sense into Elena about her breaking up with Stefan." I reply walking away setting up flowers on another table.

"You're Madeline Gilbert right?" A guy asks.

"Yeah." I say placing the flowers down. "I'm Atticus Shane. I'm one of the judges for the interview today."

"Oh is it interview time?" I ask. "Yeah, seeing that none of the other girls who are in the running are helping setting up for the event, you're in the lead."

I did the interview, which went pretty well. I answered how Caroline told me too, and it all went well. I fluently talked, no nervousness and explained everything in detail. I find Caroline.

"So! How did it go?"

"Good. Everything went well just like you said." I explain and Caroline smiles. "See! Being here helping has helped! Klaus came by looking for you."

"He's not here still, right?" I ask. "No. He left. What's going on between you two?"

"It's— it's nothing."

"You're lying. Come over here." Caroline drags me inside where nobody was.

"Spill."

"Before all the ignoring and me calling him a jackass, which he did deserve, we almost—"

"You almost had sex with him!"

"No! We almost kissed and said I had feelings with him without saying it. I stopped it but i realized he was right and it's been very, very awkward since."

"Well one, wish you didn't like him but if you're happy, I'm happy. And two, you are an awkward person so suck it up and talk to him, and three you need to practice the dance for miss mystic falls!"

"What are you talking about I'm good at dancing?!" I shout a little. "And who is your date?"

"I don't have one."

"Madeline it's tomorrow!"

"Wake up!" I hear Caroline shout. "I already brought your dress to the mansion. I'm going to help you do you hair."

We head there, Caroline curls my hair. The dress is is lavender purple with little flowers on the top, trickling down the dress. It was very... not Madeline.

"This dress makes me want to puke. Why not royal blue?"

"Because I wore a royal blue dress and lost." Elena mentions, which is true. "Mads, this dress looks very classy, but modern at the same time, and lavender is a pretty color that girls don't think to do."

"She has my vote." Damon walks in.

"Get out, lurker." Caroline throws something random at him, but it was funny. "Ouch. Where's professor shane?"

"Check the judges' table." Caroline closes the door but Damon just opens it again.

"The lavender suits you Kiddo. You'll win. You look classy like what Barbie said. I would add some flowers that Caroline brought for your hair."

"No. I'm not being a whole ass flower girl." I glad at Caroline, but she agrees with me.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you're running for miss mystic falls. I remember you talking about this day when you were little Mads." Elena says smiling.