10

I was helping Bonnie and Elena look through hundreds of papers to find Bonnie's mom.

"How many of these are there?"

"A lot. I asked the sheriff's office to pull up every single Abby Bennett in the country."

"I know we three haven't been able to really... that things have been weird because of Jeremy. So thank you for helping me with this. I know you both have a lot to deal with."

"There's nothing more important, Bonnie." I say.

"It's surreal. Having to track down a women who bailed on her own kid."

"You know you don't have to, right? Let Stefan obsess over opening up the coffin. It doesn't have to fall on you." Elena says, which makes me gulp.

"Are you okay Mads?"

"Yeah, i just need some fresh air." I walk out but Damon walks in, pulling me back to the kitchen.

"Abby Bennett Wilson, Monroe, North Carolina. Born in mystic falls hospital, graduated mystic falls high, blah, blah, blah... a little compulsion helps to speed up the research process."

"This is her."

"Yep, road trip. I call shot gun." Damon smirks but Elena sighs.

"Yeah, no."

"Why? You want me to hang in the back with you? I'm the one who found her."

"Ok, Damon, look, Bonnie hasn't seen her mom in over 15 years. We don't need your snarky commentary narrating the experience." Elena and Damon go into a deep long stare.

"What happened?" I furrowed my eyebrows, and so did Bonnie.

"We kissed. Now it's weird. Have a great trip, I'll bring Mads with me." Damon says while dragging me. "Really?"

We get into the car and Damon starts staring me down like a hawk.

"Where did you get that?"

"Get what?" I ask. "The necklace."

"Oh, Caroline gave it to me." I lied.

"Ok... I know Klaus was at your house last night, i came home with Elena after and Klaus didn't even try to hide the fact you invited him in."

"It was a moment of weakness, you know the whole Stefan threaten to kill/turn/trigger my werwolf curse."

"Who's that?" Damon asks while we walk into mystic grille and see Alaric with someone.

"Oh that's Meredith Fell. She's the nurse who helped out Alaric."

"She's a doctor... what's her damage?" Me and Damon sit down at the bar where Alaric was sitting

"No damage."

"Come on, Ric, it's a fact of life. A girl that hot, that smart... damage."

"Well, you know, I'm looking for red flags. Her, uh, her ex called her a psycho case the other day." Alaric sighs.

"Well it came from her ex, doesn't count." I reply.

"I wonder what my exes would call me."

"Nothing. They're all dead." Damon says and I give him a big glare.

"Hmm. Well, her ex is the medical examiner, so he's dead-adjacent." Alaric says. "Well, I don't think he's dead-adjacent. I think he's just dead."

"Murdered. Sheriff's trying to keep a lid on it because he was staked in the chest like a vampire."

"He was a vampire?" I ask. "No, that's why she's keeping the lid on it. He got staked and he's human."

"Well, Meredith didn't say anything about that."

"Well, red flag number two. I would definitely your sexy doctor friend is a suspect. Well I'll be at the hospital. Mads you staying or you're going?"

"Definitely staying with Ric."

"Don't blame you." Alaric mumbles which makes me laugh

Me and Ric went back to his loft, he was lifting weights while I found a snack.

"Can I talk to you about something?" Alaric stops lifting the weight and sits up. "Yeah, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, um, no, what if i trigger my curse? Everything that Stefan did the other night, it's that easy for me to trigger it."

"If you do trigger it, we will all be here to help you. And for Stefan, he's a dick. He shouldn't of used you for his plan."

"How about this. I'll do everything to keep you from triggering your curse if you try not to do anything stupid. It would help me out."

"Deal... I would hug you but you're dripping with sweat." I reply which makes Alaric laugh.

Hey guys! I know this part is short, but the next 2 will definitely be WAY longer! I'm planning on making Madeline trigger her curse, I just need to figure out how. I need this girl to be supernatural.