04

"So what are you going to do, keep snapping his neck?" I shout.

"Yes, as you know it's senior prank night and your friends are seniors. But for you, you'll come with. I mean they're already at the school setting up."

"What if I tell you no?"

"Well, love, you don't have a choice." Klaus grabs my arm pulling me into Mystic Falls High.

We walk in and i hear Tyler from far away. I wish I was there helping, even though I'm not a senior, I've wanted to do this with them since the beginning of summer. Anyways we keep walking and bump into Elena, who gasps.

"There's my girl."

"Klaus!"

Elena tries to run, but he runs in front of her.
"You're supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

"You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing."

"If you're going to kill me, just do it!"

"Not until I know I'm right. But I do have ways of making you and Madeline suffer."

"Don't you dare do anything to her!" Elena shouts at Klaus. "I already have. She drinks now, apparently she didn't, and did you know she's not human?"

"Yes I did know." Elena says and I smack my forehead with my hand. Klaus looks at me. He knows. He knows the only way I could possibly tell her is if she was in Chicago. He got rid of my phone.

"Oh Madeline Gilbert, I'm definitely making you suffer."

We walk into the gym, Klaus holding onto me and Elena's arms, and see students setting up cups all over the floor. I already knew tonight wasn't going to be a good night.

"Attention seniors. You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home." Klaus sees Dana and Chad, who he recognizes from the last time he was here. "You two. I remember you."

"I'm, sorry. Who are you?"

"Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head the last time we met. Lift your foot up, please, Dana. If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?"

"Don't, Klaus. You don't have to hurt anybody." Elena looks at Klaus, mad. So am I. Everyone is in danger here, not just me.

"Oh, come on, love. Of course I do."

"Where's Stefan, what did you do to him?"

"Stefan's on a time out." Klaus says and i hear the door to the gym open. It was Bonnie and matt.

"Bonnie, get out of here!"

Klaus now speed vamps to Bonnie, making her jump a little. "Ah, I was wondering when you'd show up. Now we can get started."

"Ah, Dana, why don't you relax? You and Chad sit tight." Klaus yells to the couple, who sighs in relief.

"I assume you're the reason Elena's still walking around alive?"

"That's right. If you want to blame someone, blame me." Bonnie proudly says.

"Oh, there's no need for blame, love. Just your witchy interference seems to have caused some undesirable side effects. And since you caused the problem, I'm going to have you find the fix."

Rebekah comes in dragging Tyler, who is trying to escape, but can't.

"I'd like you all, except Madeline since she already knows her, to meet my sister Rebekah. Word of warning— she can be quite mean."

"Don't be an ass." Rebekah scoffs.

"Leave him alone!"

"I'm going to make this very simple— every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during the transition. It's quite horrible actually, right Madeline?" Everyone looks at me and I roll my eyes, crossing my arms.

Klaus begins to feed Tyler his blood, not giving Tyler a choice, which I hate.

"I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie. And for Tyler's sake... you better hurry." Klaus breaks Tyler's neck. Matt and Elena gasp, while I just look up at Klaus who was already staring at me.

Elena and matt run to Tyler, who is dead... for right now. "He's not dead. Klaus' blood will turn him into a vampire." Elena mentions.

"And if Bonnie's successful, he'll live through his transition. Go on, then. Go and fetch your grimoires and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold on to the sisters... for safe-keeping."

"Go." I mouth that word to Bonnie, who nods and runs with Tyler.

"So this is the latest doppelgänger. The original one was much prettier."

"Enough, Rebekah. Take the wolf boy elsewhere, would you? I'll deal with soon to be wolf girl." Klaus looks at me.

"I'm not triggering the curse anytime soon."

"Not even if I helped you figure out who your family was?" He smirks. I do want to know where I'm from, I really do, but not like this.

"I'm great with the family I have now, but thanks." I smile sarcastically.

"So you don't want to know who your family is? Or if all of this Fate crap—"

"Stop talking." Madeline didn't want to believe this fate crap. And she knew Klaus wouldn't stop teasing her about it. All she knew is that she needs to hate him, and that she needs to fight the fate.

Me and Elena were comforting Dana and Chad, but we hear the doors open, and it's Stefan.

"Stefan..." Elena stands up, and Stefan ignores her. "Klaus."

"Come to save your damsel, mate?"

"I came to ask for your forgiveness. And pledge my loyalty." Stefan walks further away from us, and closer to Klaus. "Well, you broke that pledge once already."

"Elena and Mads means nothing to me anymore. And whatever you ask of me... I will do." If he doesn't care why did he call me by my nickname. The time I've spent with him in Chicago made me realize he was never on Klaus' side, nor will he ever unless he's forced.

"Fair enough. Let's drink on it. Kill them." Klaus points at Dana and Chad. "What are you waiting for? Kill them."

"No! Stefan, don't. He's not going to hurt me. He already said— ahh!" Elena screams, Klaus slapping her to the ground, and Stefan rushing over to protect Elena.

"She means nothing to you? They mean nothing to you? Your lies just keep piling up."

"Let them go! I'll do whatever you want, you have my word!" Stefan shouts, barely being able to breathe since Klaus is holding him by his neck.

"Your word doesn't mean much. I lived by your word all summer, during which time I never had to resort to this— stop fighting." Klaus begins to compel.

"Don't do this. Don't do this." Stefan begs.

"I didn't want to. All I wanted was your allegiance. Now I'm going to have to take it. You will do exactly as I say when I say it. You will not run, you will not hide, you will simply just obey."

"No kill them. Ripper." Klaus says, when he says "ripper." His accent amplifies like 100 times, it's weird.

Red veins appear under Stefan's eyes, and in the next second Stefan has killed both Dana and Chad.