02

I wake up in a random hotel, the guy, Klaus sitting next to me.

"Finally you woke up. Thought I killed you for a second. Got you some clothes, and other necessities."

"Where are we?"

"We're in Chicago, love." Klaus smirks. He talks very differently, like not modern at all. It's weird.

"Oh and no need to hide where you're from Madeline... Gilbert. I'm well aware of Mystic falls, as you know."

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus says to Stefan as we walk into a bar. "I can't believe this place is still here."

"You got to be kidding me." A girl, who looks old walks in, I'm guessing it's her bar?

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender—"

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny... I remember you."

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..." Stefan begins to say but Gloria interrupts. "Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

"And who are you?" Gloria now looks at me.

"Oh that's Madeline Gilbert. She came looking for a friend, what a poor night to choose to come looking for your vampire friend. Surprise I haven't killed her yet?"

"Not surprised." I look at Gloria weirdly. not surprised? What does that mean? I'm surprised Klaus didn't chop my head off and Stefan set me up sitting with my head still pretending to be attached, since he's  a ripper now and all

"Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from the bar. Madeline, you can stay with me."

"You look ravishing, by the way." Klaus mentions to Gloria. "Don't. I know why you're here. A hybrid to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels."

"So what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse."

"Obviously you did something wrong. Look, every spell has a loophole. But a curse that old... we'd have to contact the witch who created it."

"Well, that would be the original witch. She's very dead." Klaus says and I raise my eyebrows. There's another one of them? I know there's also Elijah, but he isn't that bad.

"I know. And for me to contact her, I'll need help. Bring me Rebekah." Gloria demands.

"Who's Rebekah?" I ask.

"My sister. And she's a little preoccupied." Klaus smirks at me, again. I never met someone who could be this annoying.

"Well, she has what I need. Bring her to me."

Stefan walks over here with a picture of him and Klaus from the 1920's. "What is this?"

"Well, i told you, Stefan. Chicago's a magical place." Klaus replies.

"Let me see the picture." I walk over to Stefan and he hands me the picture. Even though he's like crazy when he feeds on humans, I'm not scared of him, I'll never be scared of him.

 Even though he's like crazy when he feeds on humans, I'm not scared of him, I'll never be scared of him