20

It was the funeral for Pastor Young. I was helping setting up in the church. Me and Elena saw April young, his daughter. Haven't seen her since Elena would babysit. I also use to hang with her, since she's my age and all. Elena went to talk to her while I kept setting up.

I Elena start to run and i follow her. Lately she's been pale, she's not drinking enough blood. She begins to puke blood everywhere in the bathroom.

"Mads get away."

"I'm not even human?" I thought they only liked human blood.

"Doesn't matter it's fresh and I smell it very strongly." Elena shouts.

"Elena, you got to be quiet and second, I'm not leaving you. I'll call Damon, he'll bring you another dress, start cleaning." I say while dialing Damon's number.

"What kiddo."

"Come to the church. Elena just puked blood everywhere. Bring her a dress."

"What do you mean she puked everywhere?"

"I mean she went running into the basement bathroom and puked blood everywhere. She can't keep the animal blood down Damon."

"I know, I'll be there in a minute, start cleaning." Damon says hanging up the phone. And someone's knocking on the door.

"Sorry, there's someone in here." I shout as I see Elena panic. I grab paper towels and start cleaning the sink, while Elena is cleaning the floor. I hear Damon's voice and open the door.

"Thanks Damon. I'm so sorry, we will be out in a second... my sister spilt coffee all over her and she needed my help." I say looking at Damon confused on how he knew that guy.

"Elena, here. I'll keep cleaning the floor. You change." I hand her the bag Damon brought for her.

The funeral was starting, I decided to sit next to Caroline and Tyler, since I'm not the biggest fan of Matt at the moment.

"What are you doing here, Tyler?" Stefan says. Tyler got shot by a hunter apparently. The hunter had specialized bullets, it's all weird.

"Being sensitive to the community's loss."

"Hmm. With a hunter out to get you?" Stefan asks.

"I'm not letting a hunter stop me from where I'm supposed to be."

"Also, if he shows his face, I'm going to kick his ass." Caroline smiles at Stefan who looks at me. I would usually sit by Elena, or the Salvatore's. But I didn't want to sit next to the person who drugged me.

Elena goes up to talk about pastor young.

"What the hell is she doing?" I ask.

"I don't know." Tyler responds who raises his eyebrows as we watch Elena talk, well struggling to even stand up there.

"Do you smell that?" Caroline asks.

"Blood." Tyler lockwolf says.

"Nobody move. Don't turn around. It's a trap." Caroline hears Damon say.

Elena continues to struggle but Stefan goes up and brings her back to her seat.

We all stand up to sing. It's a religious thing I guess. But I look at Elena who's struggling.

"I should be over there."

"No it's a trap. The hunter already saw you he'll shoot you before you even get over there."

"I don't care." I say getting up, walking over to Elma and them, Damon and Stefan glaring at me. I walk next to Damon who smacks my head.

"Um. Ow."

"You know there's someone planning to kill someone's right?" Damon whispers.

"Elena's struggling. Here Elena feed off me. You need fresh blood, take it."

"No you're my—"

"And because of my sister I am doing this. People will think you're upset but you need to feed." I say walking to Elena hugging her as she bites my neck, and heals.

Tyler goes on the stage, being an idiot per usual. He talks but gets shot. I immediately run over there as Caroline and Elena run too.

"I'm going to kill that bastard."

"Damon's way ahead of you. Stay here, I have to help him." Stefan says walking out. Elena goes to find April. Carol, Tyler's mom calls an ambulance since the whole town watched him get shot.

"I have to find Elena, can you stay with Tyler?" Caroline asks and I nod.

"Lockwolf 0, hunter 2." I joke which made him laugh.

"Why do you call me lockwolf?" Tyler asks, still in pain.

"Because it's fun." I honestly say. Tyler is such a boring name.

Stefan called me and our friends to go to the school, not telling us why, which I thought was weird.

"Stefan. What are we doing?" Damon asks not wanting to be here, neither did I.

"We're finishing the memorial we didn't get to have earlier. We need to start healing, Damon. We've all lost so much especially recently. I think we're numb to it. We push it away, we make a joke out of it, ignore how we feel. Time to just let ourselves grieve."

No, just no. I'm not the person to open up. I've only cried in-front of Damon, Elena and Caroline, which is less than half the people here. I don't open up.

"So we're lighting lanterns." I comment, crossing my arms.

"Yeah, Mads. We need to do this. You need to do this." Stefan says handing me a lantern, but i scoff and walk away.

"I'll go after her." Damon says following me.

I run to the cemetery, i see Damon behind me.
"Damon, don't."

"Do you visit here often?" Damon says looking down and seeing my parents names.

"Yeah. Nobody knows though. I always think... what if I didn't know them. What if I still knew my biological family. I would've had a completely different life. I would've had one sibling, a sister. At least that's what a picture tells me. I'm grateful I knew my parents I had. And my aunt, but just—"

"The what if factor. What if you could have it all? Here, you need this more than I do." Damon passes me a bottle of Alcohol, which I take.

"Open up Madeline. All these feelings your feelings will eat you alive. Name all of your grief." Damon replies.

"You wouldn't."

"Yeah you're right, but you should."

"Fine. Get ready for the whole list. This is for my mom, dad, my biological mom and dad, my long lost sister if they are even alive, aunt Jenna, I guess uncle John, and Ric, oh and Bonnie's grams, love her."

I sigh and lean into Damon.