26

Since Jeremy is all for killing vampires now, Elena had to move into the Salvatore's. I stayed with Jeremy and matt who now stays here. I can deal with matt More than I can deal with Elena.

Caroline called me the next morning saying it's really important. I walk in and see Stefan. "I thought I said tell no one." Stefan crosses his arm.

"It's her sister, even if Elena isn't acting like one." Caroline replies for me. She told me she's sired to Damon, which would actually explain a lot besides her telling me to go back to my bio fam.

"We don't know anything for sure."

"Yes, We do. Elena is sired to Damon, which means her one singular burning desire is to make him happy, just like Klaus and his hybrids." Caroline shouts.

"No. It's not. A vampire sired to another vampire is one in a million. Maybe it won't affect her the same way."

"It's affecting her. She listens to everything Damon has to say." I cross my arms, looking at Stefan.

"We need to do something." Caroline pulls out her phone. "Wait. No. Hold on. Caroline, this isn't gossip. You can't just drop this on her before we know it's happening for sure."

"I need to talk to Tyler, ok? Maybe he'll know what to do." Caroline suggests in which me and Stefan both agree.

"If this is true, then it may have influence Elena's evert action and emotion since she became a vampire."

"Not every. I don't think Damon would tell her to act out on anger at me." I scoff. I went from sad to mad overnight. "Ok, yes that was Elena but everything else was because of Damon. Now I'm going to school. Coming Mads?"

"I might go in late." I lie. I'm not going to school.

Elena invited Caroline and Bonnie to the Salvatore's, and Caroline's making me come. I want to be on good terms with Elena, but I can't just forgive me and forget.

I walk in and see them all laughing besides Caroline . Elena gives me an apologizing look, but doesn't say anything.

"Drink?" She hands me a drink. "Sure."

"What happened?" I ask.

"Caroline hounding Elena with Damon." Elena glares at Caroline. "Ok. New girls' night rule— no boy talk, yeah? Plus, why talk when we have this?"

"Is that stoner tea bonnie?"

"It's spirit tea. It opens up your chi or whatever. Come on. It's not drugs. Shane is helping me do natural magic without having to access the spirits."

"Mm-hmm."

"Don't judge Caroline."

"Ok fine! I hereby vow not to be judgmental for the rest of the evening. Even if you two are potentially ruining your lives as I stand idly by, it's your choice."

We have been drinking me less since I wasn't really in the mood. We all end up in the bathroom. Sitting on the floor and Elena in the bathtub.

"Check this out— vamp speed video." Bonnie hands Elena her phone. "I look like Superman. Watch this. This year's Christmas card."

"Being a vampire is so weird. Oh, my god, I love this bathtub. Why don't we come and hang out here more often?"

"I'll tell you why. Cooties. Think of all the germ-ridden skanks that Damon has lured into his den of iniquity. Ok. I'm sorry. I've been good all night. I am stopping now."

"No. Don't stop in my account Caroline. Rip away. I mean it's only Damon, right?" Elena asks Caroline. "Well, say what you want about ripper Stefan, but at least he wasn't a man slut."

"What made you want to jump and bed and sleep with him when you first saw him?"

"I didn't know what a sociopathic narcissist he was."

"He's always been there for me when I needed him."

"Yeah, because he's hoping you'll sleep with him."

"Well, maybe I did."

"You didn't." Bonnie replies. Elena slept with Damon.

"Yeah. I did. So what? You all hound me when Madeline brought Klaus as a date, the enemy."

"Well I didn't sleep with Klaus, but you slept with Damon. Big difference. Would you want me to dance by myself at the dance that none of you besides Caroline watched?" I say while holding my necklace, Elena noticed and rip it off of me.

"Give it back." I demanded her.

"Why. It's just a stupid necklace." I go to grab it but she moves her hand.

"Elena give it back." Bonnie backs me up but Elena runs out. I go after her.

"Where is it?"

"Why is it so important?" Elena says opening her hand. The necklace is shattered in a bunch of little pieces.

"No, no, no!" I shout, running up to her grabbing the shattered pieces. "What did you do!" I screamed, tears falling down my face.

"First you tell me to go back to my old family, knowing that's a sensitive topic, and then you break my necklace, which means everything to me. You're nothing like a sister should be." I walk out the door.

I finally get home, i run straight to my room.
"Mads?" Jeremy yells out, only seeing me for a second.

I lay all the shattered pieces on my desk. Every part of the necklace, the necklace that Klaus gave me for my birthday. Hate to admit, but that necklace means so much to me.

The pieces were too small to put back together. I scream and basically have a fit. I grab the pieces and put them in a little plastic bag, so I wouldn't lose any, and I head to Klaus' mansion.

Klaus opens the door and I walk in. "Well it's nice to see you too." I walk to the nearest table and place the necklace down, taking the pieces out of the bag.

"I tried fixing it. I can't put the pieces back together."

"What happened?" Klaus asks, knowing how much the necklace meant to you. "Elena broke it, on purpose. As she's still mad at me about yesterday. She knew how much it meant to Me."

"Here. I'll fix it, or compel someone to. I don't want you going home to Elena. Stay here for the night." Klaus kisses my forehead. That kiss yesterday really changed everything. The stir of feelings was higher, but not awkward.