Kabanata 47

"Hi! You're the Virantes' heiress, right?" Nakangiting bati nito at basta na lang umupo sa upuang katabi ko.

Kumalabog ang dibdib ko sa hindi maipaliwanag na dahilan. This... this man in front of me was one of Donya Melvira's sons.

Why did he approach me? Should I be bothered?

Marahan akong tumango bago ibinukas ang labi. "H-hindi na ngayon," mahina kong sagot sa nag-aabang niyang mukha.

His face was sculpted to look rough and dangerous. He had growing stubbles, an aristocratic nose, a deep set of piercing orbs and thin lips. His body was fine; properly built. What caught my eyes were his thick eyebrows where the right one had a cut as his hair was messing with his forehead.

He looked rugged... and menacing.

I could tell that he was the eldest since he looked more manly than the two.

The silence subsided and the celebration turned back to being noisy. I snatched a glance and witnessed the two sons hugging their mother.

"Puwedeng iwan kami saglit?" Bigla niyang sambit habang ang titig ay nasa akin pa rin.

Hindi man niya sinabi ang pangalan ay agaran sa pagtayo at pagtango si Shiena. Gusto kong umalma dahil ayokong maiwanan kasama siya ngunit bago pa ako makasalita ay tumalilis na paalis ang dalaga.

I could feel the stares of some people on us but I shrugged it away. Guess I had no choice but to face the eldest.

"So... how's life?" He crossed his arms and leaned on the table. From my eyes, his menacing orbs drifted to my son. "Enjoying every drop of cents from my mother?" And his perilous smirk appeared.

Nahigit ko ang hininga kasabay nang paghigpit sa kapit kay Silious. "What are you talking about?"

He chuckled lowly, giving me goosebumps on my nape. "C'mon, Cresencia Milan Virantes. Don't be shy to admit what you two had planned to get milk from Mamá."

"Hindi ko alam ang sinasabi mo," madiin ngunit mababa kong sagot.

The smirk didn't leave his face as he shook his head. "You know what? I pitied you upon hearing that your hacienda has been turned to Delos Santos'... but after realizing why all of a sudden you guys invaded our lives, I couldn't believe how desperate measures change people."

He was fast enough that I didn't notice him leaning on me where his breath was already fanning my left ear. I let out a shaky breath.

"What are you doing?" pinagkiskis ko ang ngipin dahil sa gulat at inis.

He let his nose rub my left cheek and I wiggled but his palm made me stay still. "I couldn't believe you're letting your man be fucked by an old woman just to sustain your child." My eyes blurred from what he said. I couldn't help but be affected. I didn't know if that was true but I denied it for how many times already so why do they keep shoving it on my face? "Oh, why are you crying?" his voice softened and brushed my tears away.

Inilag ko ang mukha pero hindi iyon naging hadlang para pahiran ang aking luha. "Kung saan mo man pinagpupulot ang mga ideyang 'yan ay hindi ko alam. Wala akong alam sa mga pinagsasabi mo."

"Then why are you here? Why your man is here with Mamá? And why your son is here? You are all making a living from my mother's money. Why? Wala na bang ibang paraan para magkapera? I couldn't stomach it, you know. So I wonder how you can take all these bullshits."

I heaved a sigh and caught his gaze. "I am just here for my son. Kung anuman ang namamagitan kay Simon at Donya ay labas na ako ro'n."

His eyes fell on my shuddering lips. I sniffed and roughly wiped the remaining tears off my face.