Chapter 1

(Flashback 2 years ago...)

"Michael?" I asked, looking up at my 13 year old brother's ocean blue eyes.

"Yes, y/n?" Michael said, patting my head with me on his lap.

"If I died, would you miss me?" I ask, looking at him with my huge four year old eyes. Michael looked in shock and lowered his hand from my head. He looks like he is thinking for a few seconds for his answer till he turns back to me.

"I love you little sis, even if I don't show it all the time", Michael says with a small smile. I give him a close eye mouth smile. He does the same then looks back at the night sky. The traffic noises beep and squeal in the distance and the air smelt like fresh bark that felt cool and crisp as we sat on the roof gazing at the stars. Michael put his tan toned arms back around me, his messy brown chestnut hair resting on my head. I cuddle back up onto his chest and look back at the glimmering lights above. Right now it is perfect and I wish it could stay like this forever, but of course all good things have to come to an end...

(present)

"y-n...y/n...Y/n...Y/N!!!!"Someone wakes me from my slumber. I peek open my eye to see my brother Chris looking at me. Underneath his eyes were red like he was crying all night. He wore a gray shirt with light gray stripes and dark gray shorts. Chris's hair was messy like Michael's with a hair piece that falls into the middle of his forehead. His eyes were ice blue and he held a broken looking flashlight. He was right in front of my face which made me want to push him away. He usually smells like chocolate chip cookies which is normally nice, but not when he also smells like a bucket of sweat right now.

"What wrong Chris?", I ask. "Your flashlight is broken? What happened this time?" I said, sitting up forcing Chris to back away from my face.

"Nightmare Chica got too close to the door this time! She almost got me but I shut my door just in time, but not before she broke my flashlight right before the door was closed", Chris cried. "I was barely able to get here without getting crushed by nightmare bonnie", he cried sitting on the bed next to me making the bed sink in from the new weight.

"I am so sorry Chrissy", I said, hugging his arm with my small arms. Chris looks back down at me and grabs me to face him and hugs me into his chest. I am surprised for a second that Chris would do this. He is usually too scared to be so bold like this. He would normally ask for a hug if he wanted one. He must have been really scared.

"Hey, it's ok", I said, gripping his shirt in an attempt to comfort my older brother.

"Do you ...... want me to join you next time?", I questioned. Chris pulls away looking at me with shock and fear.

"Oh no no no, I could never ask you to do that! It's too dangerous! I would never forgive myself if you got hurt!", Chris cried.

"But it's dangerous for you too! And I could never forgive myself if YOU got hurt either!" I exclaimed, hugging him again.

"Y/n, I am your older brother! It is my responsibility to protect you!", Chris exclaimed.

"But you are my older brother and I want you to be safe! I still don't understand why we can't tell mommy and daddy!" I cried putting my hands to my hips after letting go of Chris. Chris looks at me with a look of pain and sadness.

"No one believes me but you, y/n! You have seen them that one night, so you know they are real! But everyone else thinks we are making it up because we are little kids!", Chris exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. I put a hand on Chris's back to calm him down.