Chapter 13

"Do you know how to get to the basement again?", I asked Gregory as we wandered the destroyed looking megaplex.

"Hey, well this place looks burnt so I am having a harder time remembering where everything is!"Gregory protested.

"Well, do you have a map?", I asked.

"Well it's not going to help when a third of the ceiling is on the bottom floor", Gregory exclaimed. I gave a sigh as I faced him.

"Look we could just-", I started till suddenly Gregory yelled "THERE IT IS!!!!".

"You could have said that without bursting my eardrums!", I complained, covering my ears. Gregory didn't respond and just started running toward the supposed place. Typical Gregory. I ran after him muttering to myself as we came across a fleet of stairs.

"If I remember correctly this should be the stairs down", Gregory said looking down the stairs.

"Alright mister map show me the way", I teased pointing ahead.

"Hey don't you dare compare me to the map robot! In my opinion he is the scariest robot here!"Gregory laughed as I smiled. It was good to be laughing with him again. How does he act like nothing happened? We literally died yesterday! I followed him down the stairs to the creepy basement. It looked very old and broken down, the walls had the old faded dirt spreaded checkered pattern and it smelled like mold and rotten flesh. It was horrible and I tried to cover my nose but it didn't work well with my new animatronic form.

"How do you like the air ma'dame", Gregory teased looking at me attempting to pinch my nose.

"Just super", I said with a sarcastic tone.

"Well we are here, it should smell better now", Gregory said opening two double doors. We open the doors to find the old pizzeria looking dark and slightly broken.

"Have you been here before?"I asked Gregory, getting closer to him, memories starting to flood in when I saw the stage.

"I have been here a few times with Henry to help put the animatronics away", Gregory said.

"Well, what do you know about this place", I asked as I started to hold onto his arm for comfort. My eyes stared in every direction for any signs of danger.

"Well really not much, Henry doesn't really like talking about this place", Gregory said. "I know that a few kids died here, I think one got their head bit off somehow", Gregory said. My breath hitched when he mentioned Chris I tried to play it cool but Gregory seemed to notice.

"Are you ok?"Gregory asked, looking at me. "You're getting clingy there aren't you", he teased with a smirk. I pretended to look offended as I slapped the back of his head.

"Ow!"Gregory yelled. I stuck my tongue out at him in a teasing way as Gregory's face became sour. Gregory was about to say something till suddenly we heard a voice.

"Hi......Hello?", a voice echoed throughout the halls. Me and Gregory froze.

"What was that!", I whispered to Gregory as he looked just as confused as me.

"I-Is anyone there?"I asked, coming out from behind Gregory's shoulder.

"We're here", A voice called, coming closer. I let out a yelp and tried to hide closer into Gregory.

"You know you're such a crybaby aren't you", Gregory teased silently and I hit his shoulder. Suddenly a white-ish glowing figure stepped out of the shadows.

"Ahhh it's a ghost!"I screamed as I stumbled back till suddenly something caught me from behind. My eyes widened and the hands that caught me were cold and glowly like.

"You see I caught you, which means you're a soul as well. So why are you so scared silly", a young boy's voice called from behind me. I fling out of the boy's arms and look at him with wide eyes. It was a young boy with a bright green shirt and black shorts. He has a dark skin tone and dark brown hair with bright blue eyes. He had white wings and blood that dripped from his head.

"W-who are you?", I asked, my breath hitching.

"I'm Gabriel", the boy said with a smile.

"H-how are you here?", I stuttered.

"Well me and my friends were murdered and stuffed into these animatronics here when the restaurant was still open!"Gabriel said with a sad smile.

"W-wait you look familiar! Wait! Are you one of the missing children from a few years ago?"I asked, pointing to his wings.

"Yes that is true, me and my friends are the 'missing children'", he said then quickly went back to the other soul that took the form of a little girl with curly locks, bright blue eyes, and a pink bow and dress. Suddenly three other children appear next to them all with bright glowing wings.

"So wait, how do you possess the animatronics if you are out of the suits?", I asked.

"Well you see, is Halloween correct?"said the boy with straight short black hair that almost hung over his red hued amber eyes.

"Yes, I believe so", I said.

"Well on Halloween, spirits become closer to the living world than any other day of the year", the black haired ghost said.

"What does that have to do with anything?"Gregory asked.

"Well you see, since we are so close to the living world, we are able to choose if we want to be a spirit or stay in our animatronic. You see we choose our soul form and have chosen to stay like this ever since", the golden lock haired girl said.

"W-wait so can you teach us how to be in our soul form?"I asked, pleading in my mind that they would teach us.

"Of course, see you two were killed from William's influence too, so you two are friends to us", Gabriel said with a smile.

"Wait, who is William?", I asked. It couldn't be father right? There were plenty of Williams out there.

"William Afton was the one who killed us, he also influenced Vanny to kill you too from what we heard", The black haired boy said. Father!? No, it can't be! Father loves me right? He wouldn't have someone come kill me! My face went pale as my breath slowed and my heart pounded through my chest.

"WILLIAM AFTON!? HE KILLED US!??"Gregory yelled in confusion, whipping his head over to my pale composure. "Isn't he your Dad?"Gregory asked in a loud voice. The missing children's faces went dark and sour.

"You're an AFTON?!", the girl with black pigtails yelled. I looked panicked as stress lines held under my eyes as I knelt to the floor.

"I-i didn't know!"I whispered, clenching my heart. My father killed these children. My father killed Gregory. My father killed ME! These thoughts were swirling in my head as I held onto my head tight. The ghosts began to close in on me, questioning me, and yelling at me. The tension was growing so rapidly that I felt I would die a second time! Till suddenly a hand was blocking me from the winged kids.

"HEY! It wasn't her fault! She didn't know! Her father killed us for pete's sake! How is she to blame?!"Gregory protested coming in front of me in a protective manner. I felt my heart skip a beat as I saw the determination on Gregory's animatronic face. He really did care about me, didn't he. The children stopped closing in and became quiet.

"He is right isn't he!", a voice said behind the lot of kids. I turn my head up to see another boy emerge from the shadows. He had red hair that almost covered his eyes. The ends of his hair were fluffy and curved up lightly and he had forest green eyes and peachy skin. He wore a red and white striped shirt and a denim jean open jacket, black jeans and gray tennis shoes.

"It's been a long time hasn't it, y/n", the boy smiled his forgotten familiar smile.