Chapter 14

"Wait?! Fritz?!?"I exclaimed, tears starting to well in my eyes. My old best friend gave me his sweet smile as he held his arms wide open. I smiled widely, tears flying down from my cheeks as I jumped into his arms. Fritz flew higher so that he could reach my neck because of my new form. He held me tight the same way he did that awful day.

"I can't believe you're here!"I cried, hugging his neck tighter. "I am SO sorry my father killed you!"I cried. Fritz gave me a sweet smile before petting my head.

"It's so ok, you didn't kill me, it was your father!", Fritz said. I felt a wave of happiness flow over me as he held me in his arms. I am so glad that he still cares about me!

(Gregory's pov)

Seeing Y/n hug this kid made my blood boil. Just who was he? Why was he so accepting of the fact that Y/n's father killed him? It kinda makes me feel bad about how I reacted. I really messed up! I want to pull them away from each other but the face Y/n was making is telling me not to. She looks so happy...

Suddenly Y/n turned around and faced me, "oh Gregory! This is Fritz, he was my first real friend", Y/n smiled letting go of Fritz's neck. This gave me a better at ease feeling now that she was off of him. It makes me feel bad that I was feeling this way. I should be happy for her! But I wish ... I was her first real friend.

"Well now that Fritz and Y/n are reunited, didn't you want us to show you how to turn into a soul?", the golden locked hair girl said.

"Wait, how did you know my name?", Y/n asked.

"Well of course Fritz wouldn't shut up about you!", she replied. "He would go on and on about how he wanted to see you again and-", she was cut off by Fritz slapping a hand over her mouth.

"Susie!!"Fritz whined. Y/n's face became flushed as Fritz looked red even in his ghost like form. I felt a stinging sensation from the way Y/n blushed.

"Anyway, about the soul thing. Like we said before since it is Halloween we have a stronger connection than ever, we can change to our soul form if we wish. You two can do the same. But you can only do this five years after you die since then you are fully recognized into the dead world", Susie said. My heart fell at her words and I could see Y/n felt it too.

"But we have only been dead for around a day!", I exclaimed, throwing my hands to my sides.

"That's where you are wrong", Gabriel said.

"What do you mean?",Y/n asked, clearly confused.

"As we said before, it takes five years to be fully recognized into the dead world, see you weren't 'alive' for five years sweeties", Susie said, holding her hands. Me and Y/n went into shock. Five years! We have been dead for five years!! It only felt like one day and they are telling us it has been five years. I dropped to the ground on my knees in shock. Y/n walked over to me and held her arms around me.

"Hey, hey, there is nothing to worry about guys! Time flies by fast when you are dead, time is practically irrelevant now. Think of the positives, you have all the freedom you want to do whatever you want!", the black haired boy said with a smile. The black haired ponytailed girl gives a grumble as she turns around.

"It's not that great! Because we are dead, it means we can never be normal again, we can't be seen by the public or anything like that", the ponytailed girl yelled.

"Cassidy! Way to lower the mood", Susie yelled. I felt my body become heavier with grief as I thought, they were both right.

"W-well can you tell us how to turn into our soul forms?",Y/n asked, looking hopeful.

"Oh of course, all you want to do is imagine yourself as your human self", Fritz said with a smile. "Now this only works on Halloween as I know of", Fritz said. "Oh, I forgot one thing! I forgot that you can go inside the memory realm! For this you want to think of your happiest memory and then imagine you there! This is something you can only do on Halloween that I know of as well!", Fritz said.