Chapter 16

(y/n pov)

Walking up the stairs I felt like I was on cloud 9! I just saw my brother! I hope to see him, maybe even my family somehow! Although I have noticed that Gregory has been weird ever since we came back up. I have no idea what is wrong with him, although I think it has something to do with Fritz for some reason. I should ask what's wrong.

"Hey Gory?" I asked, which started him as he shook out of his thoughts.

"Oh, yes Doll?" he asked, earning another blush from me. I forgot he called me that!

"O-oh I just wanted to know what is wrong? You seemed to have been acting sad or dazed ever since we got here", I said looking at his glazed brown eyes that were almost covered by his spiky locks.

"Oh well, i-it's-", Gregory started but then stopped. I gave him a confused look before he turned to me. "Here, let's talk about this somewhere else", Gregory said as he suddenly grabbed my hand and ran with me.

"W-what? What are you doing, where are we going?", I asked.

"You'll see!", he exclaimed as he slowed down a bit till we were walking. I wonder where he is taking me? So we reach the broken down exit as he helps get out.

"How much further?", I asked.

"Not far! We can run if you want! Since we are dead we have extreme endurance now right!" Gregory exclaimed, his eyes sparkling.

"You're right!", I exclaimed as we suddenly started running faster than I have ever ran. It felt amazing! The wind that blew through my hair felt great! Suddenly Gregory stopped and turned around.

"What's wrong?", I asked till he suddenly covered my eyes.

"Shh, close your eyes! I will lead you there!", he exclaimed, his eyes sparkling.

"Alright!", I smiled as he held his hand over my eyes and we continued to walk. After a while of walking he stopped and let out a breath.

"Alright, you can open your eyes" Gregory said as he took his hand from my eyes. My eyes squinted from the sun but then slowly refocused to reveal us to be on a hill next to a big tree with a beautiful view and sunset illuminating its colors across the hill.

"Wow!", I exclaimed as my eyes sparkled. Gregory looked at me with a huge red blush as he turned around. I looked at him confused for a second till he came back around with a pretty dandelion from the ground.

"Y/n, I have always felt like this for you ever since I met you, but I only slowly now started to realize that... I like you Y/n! And ... please like me back!", Gregory said with a bashful blushing face as he tried his hardest to keep his stare. My face blushes extremely pink as I am left speechless. Did he just say what I thought he said? I was left speechless from shock as I just couldn't speak as I thought I would die again from how hard I was blushing.

Gregory's face fell as he lowered his dandelion in his hand, "I knew it, you don't like me", Gregory muttered as he looked away with deep disappointment. "It was dumb anyway".

"N-no wait! I never said that!" I stuttered leaning closer to him.

"So then-", Gregory started.

" I Like you!" I finished my face red as I fiddled with my hands and bit my lip. Gregory's face beamed in pure joy that he tried to contain with a monotone face but was clearly failing as he held his dandelion out to me and I gratefully grabbed it from him. I fluttered the dandelion into my hair with a big smile.

"Thank you", Gregory muttered as he looked away from my eyes, his face bright red.

"Well, want to head back?" I asked, turning back to the broken MegaPlex till suddenly Gregory grabbed my hand. I swiftly turned around and to my surprise Gregory was only inches from my face. He carefully held his hand to my cheek as he quickly planted a small peck on my cheek then quickly let go and started to run past me to the MegaPlex. I stood there, frozen till I slowly reached my hand up to my cheek and grazed my fingers in the spot that he kissed. Gregory just kissed me! It was just like the first time I kissed his cheek.

(Sorry this chapter is really short but I thought it was a good place to end a chapter, ya know!)