Chapter 4

I sat on the bench of the funeral, my little black shiny shoes still stained with some blood hovering over the ground. There was a lot of crying around me and the sky was dark and cloudy. The air smelled just like fresh pine cones from the pine trees around the funeral. I look next to me and Lizzy and her short sleeve black dress with a white collar. I see tears start to stream down her face. My heart stings even more at the sight. I touch my hand to her which makes her flinch.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to save him!", I cried to Elizabeth. Elizabeth looked shocked at me as her hand shook, reaching for mine.

"How is any of this your fault?", Elizabeth asked. "You were at the doctors, there was no way you could have saved him" she explained.

"B-but I saw it happen, I thought maybe, if I had just gotten there sooner, I-I could have saved him!", I cried tears now glazing in my eyes.

"It happened right when you opened the door so again this wasn't your fault!'' Elizabeth exclaimed, tears falling down. "If anyone was to blame it was Michael '', Elizabeth snarled. I looked back down at my lap and thought, Michael did put Chris in Fredbear. He broke my promise! I felt anger start to rise through my stomach. He killed Chris! This realization suddenly dawned on me. Why, why did he do it? Did he not love us enough? Were we not good enough? Did ......... I do something wrong? These thoughts swirled in my head as they closed the ceremony. The drive home that day was silent. No one spoke or made any sound except for the sound of Daddy driving the car. Once we got inside we all just went straight to our rooms. I sat on my bed and stuffed my face in my pillow. I would miss Chris waking me up in the night. Or eating cookies with him. I would miss the way he would play with my hair or sing karaoke together. More tears formed in my eyes as I sat up and looked around the room for something, ANYTHING that could comfort me. I suddenly realize that Chris still might have his teddy bear I gave him in his room. I shift off my bed and drag my feet to his room. I cracked the door open to a vast empty feeling room. It felt like something was missing and I knew all too well what that was. I exactly avoid the closet because I know that Chris never puts anything in there since the incident. I look at his quilt covered bed and feel the covers for the bear. It was smooth, nothing here. I checked the bathroom, the living room, even Mommy and Daddy's room. But nothing was there. It was like the bear disappeared along with Chris. I sulked back to my bed and laid down. I don't know what to do without Chris. If I had to choose someone I was the closest to in my family, it would probably be Chris. I felt heart broken and just tried to sleep. Minutes and more minutes passed till the clock chimed another hour. I can't sleep. Maybe I can ask one of my family members to let me sleep with them. I shift out of my covers and hit the floor softly making sure not to hurt my foot. I hobbled over to where Mommy and Daddy's room was. Mommy was covering over half the bed and Daddy was snoring as loud as a blow horn. How can Mommy sleep through this! I know that I definitely can't. Looks like Mommy and Daddy's room is not an option. I hobble over to Elizabeth's room dragging my foot behind me. This really is getting tiring! I open the door to see Elizabeth in a mountain of stuffed animals and her head just barely peeking out of the mountain to breathe. There was no room at all on her bed to sleep. Looks like there is only one option left ...... Mikey. I still felt hurt and angry when I thought of what Mikey did to Chris. He promised, but instead he killed him. Tears trickled down my face again but I knew that I just needed comfort. I dragged my leg to Michael's room and cracked open the door. Suddenly I see Micheal on the floor sleeping, tears still staining his face. He looked uncomfortable and I felt a hint of empathy toward him. I closed the door behind me softly to not make a sound and tried to walk over to him and walk as quietly as I could over to him even though it was hard due to my boots. I sat down next to him and felt the warmth beside him. I notice him moaning from the discomfort of the floor. Maybe I can get him a pillow. I get up and walk over to his bed and grab a navy blue pillow from his bed and softly place it under his head. He seemed to sink into the pillow and adjust himself. I then lay down next to him, my back facing him and looked at the wall. Suddenly I feel an arm wrap around me. I turn my head to see Mikey still asleep. I smile and snuggle into his arm. Even if he doesn't show it he does care about me deep down. These thoughts stir in my head till I slowly fall asleep.