Chapter 6

The next funeral was even more unbearable than the last. I could barely look up from my shoes, my clothes were tear stained and the image of Lizzy being pulled into the animatronic was on repeat over and over again. I think that Michael was the only one other than me and Fritz who knew what happened and yet he kept his distance again from everyone. Everyone was acting even more odd than before and it scared me. Michael did the same routine except I would often hear banging noises and scratching on the walls since his room was right next to me. Michael hardly ever even spoke anymore which before he was a chatterbox. But Michael was the least weird out of all of them. Daddy would come home with huge bags under his eyes. Almost no one ever saw him anymore and when he did he had the same smile that was painted on Elizabeth's face. I was scared to be around Daddy now. Mommy was crying even more than before. She would often make scrambled eggs over and over again. We would have piles of scrambled eggs in the fridge that were weeks old and made eating anything in the fridge unbearable from the smell. Besides scrambled eggs she would never make dinner for anyone anymore more. She would just get take out and leave it on the table first come first serve. It was miserable living at my house, all I would do is watch tv and eat and sleep. One night when I was up getting a midnight snack I heard screaming in the kitchen. I peek over the corner to see my parents screaming at each other over obvious topics.

"Your terrible inventions are what is killing this family!" Mommy screamed.

"My 'terrible' invention is what's keeping this family alive with money", Daddy screamed.

"I would rather have a happy family than money", Mommy screamed back.

"Well then why not divorce and live on the streets with a 'happy family' '', Daddy screamed. Mommy looked taken back before her anger rose again.

"Fine, then I will take the car and leave. I will mail you the divorce papers", Mommy said. With that Mommy left the door with a slam. Daddy started to laugh mechanically and I quietly ran back to my room crying.

The next morning I woke up groggy and tired from crying last night. I walked to the pantry in my black hoodie and gray sweat pants and grabbed a pop tart and walked to the couch and turned on the news.

"Clara Afton was found dead after driving her car off ***** Clift", the reporter said. My face was blank and emotionless from the news. The tears flowed down my cheeks but my face made no emotion, almost like I expected this. I felt like collapsing but I made no movement like I was frozen in time. I seemed to stay like this for several minutes now that the tv was now showing Avatar, the last airbender. I didn't know what to do anymore, I felt lost and alone. It has now been two years since Chris's death and I was now 8 years old. I was super independent and didn't need anyone's help with anything, I taught myself everything that I needed to know through YouTube. Freddy's closed a month after Elizabeth died because of murdered children and Chris. Now there is a huge new mall there now with new animatronics like Daddy's. Some say that Freddy's is now underground of the mall but I really have no idea anymore. Time seemed to fly by and I was slowly losing my sanity. I knew I couldn't stay here anymore, I had to leave if I didn't want to be insane. But where would I go? I had no idea where to go. I didn't know anyone outside of the family. I was completely and utterly alone. Then suddenly the tv turned to a commercial.

"Have you ever wanted to see singing animals on an epic concert stage? Have you ever wanted an amazing daycare to watch your kids? Have you ever wanted to ride go carts, make pizza, or dance to a DJ? Well look no further than to the Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizza Plex! It has all you need to be happy and have a good time. Then the commercial ends, so I quickly pause it and read the last part.

"Has all you need to be happy..."

I felt like this was a sign. I grew up with animatronics and had trauma with them but where else could I go? Maybe I can get help there? Maybe I could work there, helping to fix them? I have had a lot of experience fixing animatronics with dad and watching YouTube videos. I'm sure I could get something out of this. It's not like anyone is watching me anymore anyway. All I need is to pack! I quickly raced to my room and pulled out an icy baby blue backpack that was supposed to be my backpack for going to school this year. I dump clothes, food, an extra pair of shoes, necessities, and most importantly a framed photo of my family. I changed into a cute strawberry sweater and dark green leggings and white little tennis shoes. I then walk out of my room till I suddenly bump into Mikey. He looked surprised then his gaze turned sour.