prologue

VIGILANTE SHIT CHAPTER ONE 🕸️━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

VIGILANTE SHIT
CHAPTER ONE
🕸️
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"James, James," Euphemia called gently to her one-year-old son, her voice filled with warmth and affection.

"This is your new little sisters, Harper and Elizabeth," she announced softly, cradling Harper tenderly in her arms while Elizabeth napped peacefully in her intricately decorated bassinet nearby. The room was bathed in a soft golden light from the late afternoon sun streaming through the lace curtains.

"Warper, Wizziebeth!" James shrieked with delight, his little face lighting up with pure joy. The sudden noise startled Elizabeth, causing her to stir and then wail, her cries mingling with Harper's as the infant also began to cry.

Euphemia sighed deeply, her expression a mixture of exhaustion and patience, and she waved her hand, signaling to Fleamont to take James out of the room. The air was filled with the scent of lavender, meant to soothe the crying babies.

"Fleamont, will you take him to his room?" Euphemia asked, her voice carrying a hint of weariness. Fleamont nodded understandingly and guided the little boy towards his cozy, burgundy-painted room adorned with golden snitches and stacks of Quidditch books, each spine worn from frequent use.

🕷️

The sharp, incessant sound of Harper's alarm clock echoed through the spacious Potter mansion, its shrill ring cutting through the early morning tranquility. Elizabeth Euphemia Potter, nestled in her four-poster bed draped with deep green velvet curtains, could hear the piercing noise from across the room. Determined to silence the obnoxious alarm, she crawled out of bed, her long, dark hair cascading around her face, and fell onto the floor with a thud, landing painfully on her elbow.

Gritting her teeth against the discomfort, she crawled determinedly towards her sister's nightstand. Reaching up with a slight grimace, she grabbed the offending alarm clock and hurled it at Harper's pink, matted headboard, hoping it would land on her sister's head and stop the incessant ringing.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Elizabeth?" Harper yelled, rubbing the sore spot on her head, her eyes flashing with irritation.

"What are you doing?" James questioned the two girls, his brow furrowed in confusion as he stood in the doorway, his tousled hair giving him a boyish look.

"Isn't it obvious? Trying to nail some fucking sense into my twin sister," Elizabeth snapped, her voice laced with exasperation. "Who the hell sets an alarm in summer?"

"Uh, it's August 30th," James said, his voice filled with mild amusement.

Suddenly, realization dawned on Elizabeth. Tomorrow, she would leave for her sixth year at Hogwarts. She felt a surge of excitement at the thought of escaping her sister's relentless teasing and being able to secretly meet with her snogging partner.

The secrecy was necessary because of their mother and their aunt, the Honourable Lady Carina Astoncombe, who would undoubtedly tell her father. Her father, in turn, would become furious, and then James and her father would go and beat up her "boyfriend." Elizabeth couldn't bear the thought of her secret fling's cute face being ruined. If James ever found out who her clandestine partner was, he would absolutely flip out.

Because Remus Lupin and Elizabeth Potter were not an official couple. Of course, they weren't. James would beat the living daylights out of him, and Elizabeth would be shunned at Hogwarts. Though she was more attracted to girls, boys at Hogwarts had the best lips, to be brutally honest. Especially Regulus Black, whom she had kissed during a game of Spin the Bottle at the Christmas Party. She crawled over to James and looked up at him imploringly.

"Put me back on my bed, James," she demanded, her eyes softening slightly as she spoke.

James sighed, knowing that he would be bombarded by her long blond hair whipping around as he lifted her. He always wanted to look good, especially for his beautiful future wife. With a resigned expression, he picked her up and dropped her back onto her bed with a gentle thud.

The Potter parents had grown so tired of James constantly talking about Lily that they had banned him from mentioning her or any other girlfriend until he managed to enter into a relationship. Despite this, James and Sirius would frequently sneak off to Sirius's room to talk about her in hushed tones, their laughter occasionally drifting down the hall.

As the morning progressed, Elizabeth and Harper were summoned by the household maids. Frances, Elizabeth's favorite maid, approached with a warm smile. Frances had always taken special care of her while the rest of the family traveled without the children, a frequent occurrence that perhaps explained why Harper had matured so quickly. Born first, Harper was automatically destined to become the future Lady Potter, a role that seemed to carry with it a sense of unspoken responsibility and gravitas.

Elizabeth glanced out the window at the sprawling grounds of their estate, feeling a mixture of anticipation and anxiety about the new school year. She would soon be back at Hogwarts, away from the familial expectations and the ever-watchful eyes of her parents. The thought brought a small, secret smile to her lips.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

AUTHORS NOTE;
so welcome back to another impulse purchase, i mean book. we all have those moments, we make a book, we hate it, we take it down, we edit it, we publish it, we hate it, we take it down, we edit it again. and it's a never ending cycle.

medium length chapters, with slow updates, once a week. hoping to make this my fourth finished book.

also go read j'adore, end of a era and date with the devil for some reggie + timothee chalamet + black family drama !!

love you xx