9

Draco's POV

I was beyond angry. How could Umbridge do this? Her hand was bleeding. Blood was continuously seeping as she looked at me with a straight face. She's so strong. She was going straight to her room without being seen. Why even did Dumbledore allow that psychopath here in the the first place? That woman is torturous.

"Let me help you. Come on."

"It's okay Draco. Really, it's nothing. I've had much worse. I'll just wash it. It doesn't even hurt that much."

"No Tiana. I'm not listening to you. You're coming with me and that's final."

Before she could respond, I took her other hand and dragged her with me to my room. Of course she'd had much worse. Cruciatus Curse is no joke. But at that time there was no one that could protect her. Here Theo was there. I was there. I couldn't help but feel guilty. I should've protected her. I swore to myself that I would keep her safe. That I wouldn't let anything happen to her. I failed.

As soon as we reached my room, I made her sit on my bed. She was holding her left wrist with her right hand. It was clear that the cut was stinging, she just wasn't showing it. I pulled out a vile of healing potion from my drawer. I always keep necessary potions with me for emergency. And this definitely was one. I walked over to her and kneeled in front of her and started dropping the potion slowly on her cuts. She flinched.

"It's ok. It will burn a bit at first but it will heal."

"Who said it's burning?"

"Your flinching did. Come on Tiana. You ain't fooling me with this act. I know healing potions burn. And those cuts look very deep. Be thankful I didn't drag you to Madam Pomfrey."

"Maybe you did that because you're so eager to have me in your room." She giggled and smirked.

"And what if I am?"

"Then I would say back off."

Theo came barging in and said that loudly. Great. Just great.

"Theo-" Tiana said softly, surprised with Theo's aggressive side. He was never like this in front of her. Though I wouldn't say about him behind her back. That man could bring a storm with his temper.

"What is going on between you too?"

"Nothing is going on Theo. You've got it all wrong." She replied.

"No. There is something."

"Calm down mate. We were just talking." I said trying to avoid the storm.

"Talking about how badly you wanted her in your room?"

"Come on mate. A little bit of friendly flirting never hurt anyone. Besides we do this all the time."

Tiana's POV

Everything was going just fine when my short tempered brother decided to come in. He always kept it in control in front of me. But now, not so much. And Draco just made it worse. Such children they are.

"This was expected from you Draco. But you Tiana-" He turned to me, he hasn't called me Tiana since forever, "I did not expect this from you." Oh god this is getting too much.

"I warned you. I told you to stay-"

"HE WAS HELPING ME FOR FUCKS SAKE THEO." I shouted at him and threw my hand up to show him my wound. I never showed him my wounds, even when we were little.

"What is that? Who did that Tia?" He asked in a much softer tone now.

"Just leave it Theo. I don't-"

"That pig Umbridge thought it was funny to to torture Tiana for detention." Draco spoke up, cutting me off.

"I"M GONNA KILL HER." Theo screamed, making Blaise, Pansy and Mils come in immediately.

"Theo just calm down. Deep breaths. Blaise please get some water." I said and pulled Theo to the bed and held his hands tightly in mine, even though it was stinging I couldn't care less about it right now. Pansy came to us and hugged Theo. Blaise came in rushing with a glass of water as he handed it to Theo who gulped it down immediately. He seemed to calm down. I knew what to do when his temper kicked in. He always picked up petty fights with other kids in our neighborhood. Both of us seem to have trouble following us wherever we go.

"We can't do anything to her man. She's from the ministry. And even if I talked to my father to talk to the minister, now not to be offensive or anything, but we'd need more than Tiana's wounds to have her out of here." Draco said, actually using his head in the heated situation.

"You're right. I'm sorry guys." Theo said now that he'd fully calmed down. Draco walked over to me with the potion again and continued dropping it. It burned a lot less now. Yes it burned earlier, but I wasn't gonna give him that. My hand stopped bleeding and the cuts healed, but the scars were still there. I didn't mind them though. I had plenty of them.

"You guys, Tiana isn't the only one who had detention with that pig." Mils said and we all looked at in confusion.

"What do you mean Mils?" Pansy asked.

"I saw Riley West from fourth year crying in the courtyard with a bloodied hand after lunch. I think we should talk to her."

"You're right. I know her room. I'll get her." Pansy said. We all nodded as she stood up and walked out.

"Draco, try being less intimidating when the kid comes in yeah?" Mils joked.

"Oh Mils. You find me intimidating? I'm flattered." Draco said in a proud tone.

"I don't. Others do for some reason. You look like a skinny snowman for crying out loud. So white all over." She said and we all cracked up. Draco too. I was quite surprised that he didn't have a comeback. Soon Pansy came in with a girl. I wouldn't say small since she was just a year younger to us, considering she is a fourth year. She surely looked scared. Obviously. The bad guys of Slytherin had personally called her in their own room all alone.

"Guys, Riley West."

"Riley, what we wanted to ask you is that, did you have a torturous detention with Umbridge? Look, we just want to figure a way out of this because our friend too had to go through that." Blaise said since he was the nicest of us all. I have no clue how Pansy called her without making her cry really.

"I did. She gave me detention because I was just 5 minutes late to class. Look at this." She said and showed us her hand. She too had the words 'I will never be late to class.' carved on her hand. I showed her mine to comfort her and she actually seemed to relax. She even told us that many other students from every house were there, writing something or the other. We thought that this should be enough.

"I'll owl my father." Draco said as Pansy took the now comforted fourth year back to her room.