28

Tiana's POV

The next day I again spent the day in the library, only this time I had lunch which Draco made sure and I even told everyone I was gonna be in the library if they needed me. It was now dark and I found myself nearly done with Charms.

After a few more hours (I guess) I was done with Charms, it was clearly way past curfew by now (not that I really care) so I had to now sneak back to the dungeons. Not to mention I skipped dinner again, but it wasn't as awful since I had lunch.

As I opened the door to the common room, I saw something that made my heart melt yet feel bad. Draco asleep on the couch in a seemingly uncomfortable position with some food and drinks laid out on the table and the two very much necessary green apples. He fell asleep waiting for me. I feel really bad for having to wake him up but he looks really cramped up there. Besides, I think green apples would be enough of a reason to wake him up. I walked up to him and started stroking his hair.

"Draco?" I whispered in order to not startle him. His striking grey eyes fluttered open and I caught a glance at the clock behind him. It was past 2 o'clock. Fuck. This is not good. He's so gonna be pissed.

"Tiana you're back. I'm sorry I was just tired and fell asleep waiting."

"No no. I'm the one that should be sorry. I made you wait here for so long after all. You even got food."

"I did. So eat it up, will you?"

Honestly, I was a bit surprised he didn't say anything. Guess this happens when people know where you are. After our little later than midnight snack, we went to bed.

The next day was practically the same. I was now missing hanging out with Draco and my friends all day long, but I would have plenty of time to hang out after the exams are over. Anyways, that day too passed by and another day rolled in. And just like the past few days, I went to the library after lunch.

After a while, I saw Draco walk towards me. Well that's surprising because Draco and library don't go together, unless it's to mess around of course.

"Come with me princess. We're going down to the lake."

Now that's new. He's not come to get me out of the library in the past two days. Why now?

"Not now Draco. I have to study."

"We don't have to go to the lake, we can go somewhere else."

What is he trying to do?

"Draco please. We can do whatever you want after the exams."

"Come on Tiana, we never do anything anymore other than just have an after curfew dinner. You could take one break right. You're definitely overworking yourself. You're gonna end up sick if you continue like this."

Okay now I feel kinda bad. I have been worrying them all but they have no reason to.

"I know you're worried but I'm absolutely fine. I'm having all my meals, aren't I? And I definitely don't need a break."

"Yes you do. You just aren't realising it. And about the meals, only because we're all making sure."

Why so persistent? Ugh. What's on with him today.

"I'm not a child Draco so stop treating me like one. I can very much look after myself. I've messed around all year with you guys but for two weeks just let me be. I'm really sorry for worrying you guys but no one has to. Even you don't have to stay up late at night just for me. I'm not asking anyone to take my weight on themselves."

Well that came out harsher than I expected. Shit.  His face changed to an expression of annoyance which was worried before my little unnecessary outburst. God, what have I done?

"We know we don't have to. But we do because we want to. But if it bothers you this much then fine."

He said and got up and walked out. I tried calling out to him but the fucking librarian shut me up. And I knew it was too late to go after him now. I just know I've messed up pretty bad. I could've taken a break with him to be honest. But I was obviously too egoistic to admit it. I guess I just have to speak to him at night. If he waits for me tonight that is.

Pansy's POV

I was waiting in the common room along with the rest while Draco decided to go and Tiana down for a break and chill for a while. There was also something Mils and I wanted to talk to Tiana about. But we never found the time. Now when she comes we'll pull her in a corner.

Draco then came in. Alone. Wait what? I thought he was the only one who could've convinced her to pull her head out of the books. He looked pissed. Irritated of her much expected stubbornness.

"No luck I take it then?" Blaise asked, still with a hint of hope.

"The girl wouldn't budge. Stop worrying about me. I'm not a child.  She snapped so bad in the end. I tried so hard to convince her." Draco said trying to calm himself.

"Like I said, she's used to no one caring for her all the time. About the snapping out though, she is short tempered, yes but she doesn't mean it you know." Theo said, justifying for his sister.

Oh hell no.

Clearly she doesn't know what's going on or she knows and is up to something already. But we still gotta talk to her. I grabbed Mils and ran to library, irritation already brewing in me.

"So, we going crazy on her, right? But how would she know? It's not like any of us took efforts to tell her." Mils said on our way to the library.

"Well she didn't bother asking either. He's her boyfriend after all."

"You got a point there."

"Don't I always."

There, she was sitting all alone on an empty table in the backmost corner. She looked so damn flushed that I had no words. It almost made me want to go soft on her. No actually. She does need a break AND a harsh reality. Not as in harsh reality, a harsh check. Me and Mils shared a knowing look telling the other about how she looked like hell. I shook my head denying any ideas of being nice right now in her head. And she immediately understood where I was coming from. And we marched up to Tiana.

"Tiana Nott." Mils said as she banged the table with her hand to pull Tiana out of her trance, and she did. Tiana flinched and let out a sigh when she saw us, certainly not one of relief though.

"No guys I don't need a break if that's what you're hear for."

"What were you thinking? Snapping at Draco like that. That boy has been nothing but caring. And you have no idea how miserable he's been for the past three days. The only time we see him genuinely happy is from night to lunchtime." I said, making clear that a break was definitely not what we were here for.

"I know. You have no idea how much I regret it. But I will try speaking to him at night if he's up." Tiana said and boy she did sound sorry yet oblivious to the bigger picture. I scoffed as she said that and Mils continued for me.

"You really have no idea what's tomorrow, do you?"

"Umm... A hint maybe?"

"IT'S YOUR BOYFRIEND'S FUCKING BIRTHDAY YOU BITCH." Mils snapped and Tiana went pale at the realisation. Well shit.  Turns out she really didn't.