37

Tiana's POV

The next morning we boarded the train and after slumbering throughout the journey back, we arrived to our home. Narcissa welcomed us with hugs and kisses and a lot of food for dinner. Once dinner was over, Draco nudged me and tipped his head in Narcissa's direction. I raised my eyebrows and and nodded in realisation of what he was trying to say.

"Mum?"

"Yes dear?"

"Could Tiana and I talk to you for a minute?"

"No she cannot shift to your room permanently. At least not yet."

Theo chocked on air and my eyes widened as she said that and Draco just let out a tired sigh as if this was nothing new to him. How does this woman know literally everything? I swear she has to have clairvoyance.

"What difference does it make? You know we sleep together anyways. I know you know."

"But Draco-"

"But what mom? You know nothing's gonna make sense cuz we'd still stay in the same room. But with permission it's at least better."

"Fine you're right okay. But no unprotected funny business. I'm too young to be a grandma."

"Okay I'm gonna stop you guys here before it gets weirder and before y'all forget I'm still here."

Theo said putting it off the topic of mine and Draco's sex life. Thank Merlin this conversation happened while he was around otherwise we would've never been able to get out of it. We said our good nights and went to our rooms. Draco and I immediately got to work to putting all my stuff in his room. That too was done quickly and surprisingly, it all fit. Tired from all the arranging, we climbed in the sheets and fell asleep soundly without the tension of running around in the morning.

After a peaceful and comforting sleep, I opened my eyes due to the sunlight that shone. I noticed Draco was staring at me and lightly stroking my hair. I smiled at him and took a moment to take in how perfect his pale skin, his silky blonde hair and beautiful silver eyes looked in the few rays of natural light seeping through the curtains. He smiled back and kissed my forehead.

"Morning beautiful."

"Morning love."

"If this is the view I wake up to every morning, I'd trade the world for it."

"Ah, the good thing is you won't have to."

"I love you so much."

"And I love you."

He kissed me on my forehead again then on my cheeks then on my lips and pulled me closer as we still had time to go down for breakfast.

We were woken up by frantic knocks on the door of the bedroom. I could also hear Narcissa yelling mine and Draco's names. Wait. Shit. What time is it? Draco opened the door and I got up too.

"Now if you two are gonna be late for breakfast everyday, you might as well start separating your rooms again."

"No no no! We're sorry we'll join you guys in just a few. Don't do this mum please."

"Yeah sorry Narcissa. I promise this won't happen again."

I could see a smile itching to be placed on her lips but she fought it to keep her strict composure. She left telling us we had ten more minutes otherwise her and Theo would eat without us. Draco and I quickly freshened up and rushed downstairs to the dining room.

After breakfast Theo and I decided to visit our house once, to see if everything was alright. Draco insisted on coming along considering how it ended up the last time we were there.

We told Narcissa about it and she was hesitant about it initially but agreed later. We changed into warmer clothes and the three of us aparated to the Nott Manor.

We walked inside and were surprised to see all the elves still there cleaning and doing their work. Once they noticed that we were there they seemed very happy.

"What are you guys doing here? You know we don't live here anymore right?"

"Yes we know that but we can't help it. We miss it too much. Ever since you left and told us that we didn't have to work anymore, we still came back from time to time to clean the dust that settles. You children and your parents have been nothing but nice to us and this place feels like our home too."

My heart melted as the elf said that. I knew mom and dad's death saddened them too but I didn't realise that us leaving would make them feel this way.

"Wait. Does this mean you've taken care of mine and mom's garden too?"

"Yes Miss Tiana you should go look at it. It's greener than ever."

I rushed to our garden and stood there in awe. It has been almost a year since I was here and yet all the plants and flowers look so healthy and grown. They're shining and all colourful now.

Tears brimmed my eyes as my mind went back to the time when mom and I started planning this garden. I remember everything like it was yesterday. She told me about the different plants and flowers we could plant in our area, about various gardening tools and how to use them. It was one of the few things I loved doing the most without using any magic.

I was pulled out of my trance when someone embraced me in a comforting hug and that's when I realised that my tears had started to fall out. I recognised the person to be Draco. I hugged him back and he stroked my hair soothingly. I eventually pulled away and walked further into the greenery I so dearly cherished.

Theo and I showed Draco every room and every memory we have connected to it. He seemed to enjoy learning more about our childhood too. The elves prepared lunch for us and it was all just as I remember. Once it was evening, we sat down for tea in our front yard, just like we used to with mom and dad.

After that we greeted the elves again and aparated back to Malfoy Manor. I didn't realise how much I needed this. It feels like I found a piece of me that I had lost long ago.

While dinner we told Narcissa and Lucius about our day back home and they too seemed to appreciate the idea of us revisiting our memories. We went back to our rooms for ready for bed. Draco was stroking my hair and looking me deep in my eyes.

"You really enjoyed the day huh? You haven't stopped smiling at all. I'm really happy about that."

"I did. It all felt so normal while being anything but normal. Oh and you know, mom and I started planting when Theo and I had a big fight over a piece of pie that mom made. She told me to plant something every time we fought cuz that would calm me down while giving him the time to do the same. I started enjoying it so much that I would pick fights with him just to plant. Mom understood what I was doing and told me to just plant whenever I felt like."

"Ah I can imagine you doing that. But I'll have you know that I used to plant with mum too when I was younger. She always said that she used to do it with her best friend. Guess I now know that she was talking about your mom."

"Wow so this goes way back. Although I can't imagine your bratty self getting his hands all muddy."

"Hey! I enjoyed it a lot too. I kinda wanna get back to it. Will you join me this time?"

I was surprised to say the least. Planting again like the old times but time time with Draco, can't say I thought of that. But now that I am, it makes me all happy and excited.

"Yes I would love to."

"Well then we'll get started tomorrow. You should get some rest now. It's been a long day today. Good night love."

"Good night Draco. I love you."

"I love you princess."