42

Draco's POV

We reached the Manor and luckily mom and dad were still awake. Scared, we told them everything and my mother got straight to healing them. I hated this. There were tears in everyone's eyes, even my own. But more than sad, I was angry. At myself. How could I fail to protect the one thing I wanted to safeguard. My Tiana. Hasn't she been hurt enough?! Merlin why? Why her?

Dad asked us for details of what exactly happened at the party. But with how much I was panicking, I couldn't form two sentences properly. Blaise decided to go ahead with the explanation, while I sat beside Tiana, holding her hand.

It was so painful to look at her this way. She looked so broken, so fragile. She had gone pale. Light was now shining through the window, but Tiana still hadn't woken up.

Theo was slowly losing his mind. He went to another room and started thrashing things and screaming. I don't know what to do anymore.

"Draco." My mum called with a hoarse yet strong voice. It really amazes how much strength this woman has.

"Yes mum?"

"Go talk to Theo please. Be there for him. I know you're feeling lost but so is he. He's basically harming himself. Make him realise that Tiana would hate that. Please Draco."

Her voice slightly broke at the end and a tear slipped out of the corner of her eye. As much as I hated leaving Tiana's side, I knew mum was right. Theo was like the brother I never had and seeing him this way was torturing too. He was close to losing the only family he has. 

So I got up and walked to the room where Theo was. I walked in and saw the entire room ransacked. Theo was punching the wall and blood was dripping down the spot he was hitting.

"Theo stop this please. Hurting yourself like this isn't gonna help. You have to be strong. For Tiana. For Pansy. Please just calm down." I spoke and he turned to me with bloodshot eyes and bleeding hands. Fuck this is bad. It is not easy to calm him down.

"I CAN'T DRACO. OKAY? I JUST CAN'T. I COULD FUCKING LOSE MY SISTER AND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AT THE SAME TIME. SO DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN." He screamed.

"WE'RE NOT GONNA BLOODY LOSE THEM NOTT. STOP WITH THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT. IF YOU WANNA BE SAD AND MOPE AROUND THEN DO THAT. DON'T BRING SUCH NONSENSE IN YOUR MIND. WE ARE NOT LOSING THEM, ALRIGHT?" I snapped back.

Theo's head hung as he sighed and tears fell to the floor. His fists relaxed and he started shaking slightly.

"Why is it always her Draco?" He spoke, this time barely above a whisper. "No matter the trouble is, why does it always come to her? Why does she always be the one to suffer? Why? Just why?" He finished and broke down. 

I started crying again and went over to hug him. He was sobbing at this point. I couldn't even understand what he was going through. But I was sure of one thing, that if something happens to Tiana, I wouldn't be able to survive.

After we had both calmed down we went back and mum healed his hand. She has been insisting us to try to get some rest but we just couldn't seem to. Mils had crying all night too and got to the point where she lost her strength to stand. So mum gave her a sleep inducing potion. She forced us to drink the same. All six were splayed around the room having a forced sleep. I tried to fight it but it was my mother's potion, it has to work, so I dozed off too.

After I don't know how long I woke up and saw the others waking up too, others except Tiana and Pansy. We spoke to mum and she said that it was nothing to worry about and that they needed rest, both mentally and physically so they weren't awake yet. We didn't want to take them to the hospital because they hated hospitals and mum said she would be able to heal them.

It was lunch time already so we ate and went back to Tiana and Pansy. As soon as we entered the room, Pansy started moving and her eyes opened. We felt quite relieved that she was awake. She was crying, all the events still haunting her. Mum came to check upon her. I took Tiana's hand in mine and felt something. Her hand twitched.

"Guys, her hand twitched."

All of us started calling out Tiana's name to get her to wake up. She moved and twitched even more. And finally, her eyes opened. We helped her sit. We now felt overjoyed. Although, she wouldn't look at any of us. Her head was hung low and no expression was on her face.

Her eyes were empty, even deprived of tears. It was as if she'd lost all her senses. Mum kept asking her how she was feeling or if she was hurting anywhere. But she just sat like that. Unresponsive of anything around her.

"Tia?" Theo approached her and put his hand on her shoulder. But she flinched so bad that he withdrew his hand. She started shaking her head vigorously. I tried holding her hand but she pulled it back before I could get even close.

"No, please no, please." She started whispering. I was happy that she was up but what this did to her shattered my heart. Mum ushered us all out and Theo carried Pansy to another room. Please be okay princess. I can walk through hell but I can't stand you being in trouble.

Narcissa's POV

Once Pansy woke up I rushed to check up on her. She was physically alright but emotionally, she was devastated. The same was the case with Tiana. Only, it was as if she was turned off. The way she flinched when Theo and Draco approached her made me realise how this had taken a toll on her. She couldn't stand anyone touching her or being too close to her. So I sent everyone out to speak to her.

"Tia sweety? Can you talk?"

"Yes." She said softly.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Yes. You're Narcissa." Good she had her memories intact.

"Can I sit beside you?" She glanced up at me and shook her head so I pulled the chair near the bed opposite to Tia.

"Does it hurt anywhere dear?" She shook her head and took a shaky deep breath, still looking down.

"My body feels okay Narcissa. But on the inside, everything hurts. I just- I don't want anyone to touch me. I feel dirty enough as it is." She said.

"No one will touch you without your permission sweety. Do you want to see your friends? They'll be away if that's what you want."

"Just the girls please." She whispered. My heart ached for her, Pansy, Theo and Draco.

"Okay. Is there anything else you need? Any potion or something to eat?" I asked but she shook her head again.

I nodded and walked out to send the girls. If only she'd cry, she'd feel much lighter and better. My poor girl has lost her spark. I hope she gets better soon.