Episode 23

Y/N's P.O.V.

Jimin was on deck with Mara and the captain. Each of their words had the volume for me as if they were standing right next to me. Mara kept telling Jimin that I was a great danger to everyone on board. She wasn't entirely wrong. When I heard Mara suggest different ideas to Jimin how to get rid of me, I found myself on deck, ready to kill Mara.  Within seconds she was on the floor in front of me.

Jimin: "Y/N please stop it. She didn't mean it that way."

Y/N: "You know, Jimin. I can hear every word that is said on this ship and I can pretty much tell from the sound of her voice whether she meant it or not."

The bewitching feeling of the fight on the island still echoed through my body. The need to kill Mara almost robbed me of my lucid mind. It was only with great effort that I let go of her and backed away. My eyes were fixed on her, however, and I never let her out of my sight.

Y/N: "I have to get off this ship ... I can't hold back much longer." Mara got up and disappeared into the ship on Jimin's orders.

Jimin: "Y/N ... we're in the middle of the ocean. You can't go anywhere." My pulse quickened rapidly.

Jimin seemed to notice that I was getting more and more restless and tried to calm me down.

Jimin: "Shhh. Come to me and try to breathe calmly."

I didn't move an inch, my fear that I would get out of control was too great. Jimin, however, kept coming up to me and finally pulled me into his arms. My body tensed up and I was completely rigid. In a flash I wriggled out of his arms and ran into the ship. My goal was the noisy engine room. I sit in one of the corners and crouch down. The loud noises of the machines drowned out the voices of the others. Painfully I fought against the many instincts that made me do things I didn't wanted. A sorrowful moan escaped my lips as I fought against my instinctive impulses. It was something that the many scientists who had worked on me had done on purpose. They had created a gene in me that would cause me pain when I resisted my instincts too much. They wanted me to be a deadly killer who wouldn't let emotions affect me. My sense of time told me that I had been down here in the machine room for hours when suddenly the machines stopped.  The ship leaned a little to one side and I knew we were docking somewhere. Jimin's footsteps were clearly audible to me on the metal stairs leading down to the engine room. I sat up quickly and looked directly at him when he came up to me.

Jimin's P.O.V.

We had already docked at the container port when I decided to go to Y/N. I was very worried about her the whole time, but the way she attacked Mara she really wasn't in control at the moment. As I went down the metal stairs into the machine room I saw movement in one of the corners.

Jimin: "Y/N?"

She stepped out of the shadows and slowly approached me. Her face was very pale.

Jimin: "We are at the port and a car is waiting for us to take us home."

Y/N: "Whose home?"

Jimin: "Our home."She looked at me in surprise.

Y/N: "Our home? I've never had ..."

She fell silent in mid-sentence and tilted her head. It seemed like she was listening for something. Her expression suddenly turned somber and her eyes sparkled ominously.

Jimin: "What is it, Y/N?"

Y/N: "He's here ..." She just made me damn nervous.

Jimin: "Who's here?"