Episode 10

Y/N's P.O.V.

Silently, I slipped into Jimin's room and closed the door behind me. Jimin lay stretched out in his bed. His breathing was calm and deep, which told me that he slept deeply. Curious, I stepped next to his bed and looked down at him. He looked so peaceful and gentle as he lay there. A small helpless human who had no idea what was right next to his bed.

His heart was beating a bit irregularly. This was not bad and came from the fact that I had previously clamped a vein on his neck to numb him. Gently, I put my hand around his neck and pressed the same spot as before. But suddenly Jimin started to move. Perspiration beads formed on his forehead and he moaned and whimpered softly.

To make matters worse, this triggered one of my worst instincts. Slowly, my grip tightened around his neck. My mind told me he probably had a nightmare, but the animals in me only saw simple, weak prey. Lurking, I leaned over him. My hand tightened steadily. With all my willpower, I withdrew my hand. The vein on his neck was free again.

Jimin squirmed in his bed. I quickly opened the door to the balcony and hid in the shadows. With a scream, he startled from his sleep. Confused, he brushed the hair from his face. He ran his hand over his neck. A gust of wind blew through my hair. Jimin felt the wind and looked in the direction of the balcony door.

I turned my head to the side so he could not see my reflective eyes. When he looked away, I jumped from the balcony and climbed on one of the walls that surrounded the property. With one hand, I held the camera next to me so it could not turn. My shining eyes were still focused on the window of Jimin's room. Without any difficulty I balanced on the narrow wall. Bored I ran up the wall and always made sure that the cameras did not catch me. I heard the front door open and Namjoon and J-Hope left the house. Namjoon looked for a moment. I crouched on the wall like a hiding animal. He did not seem to notice me. Once again my hunting instinct became noticeable. That gave me an idea.

It was time to lure the boys in the wrong direction. Light-footed, I jumped off the wall and ran to the street. As the cars of J-Hope and Namjoon drove past me I hid behind a tree. Shortly I oriented myself and then started towards the city. As I passed a gas station, I noticed a man refueling his car and leaving the key as he went to pay. Again I threw a rock against the gas station security camera. Then I sprinted to the car and drove off. It was a bit strange for me to drive in a real car. In the laboratory we were only allowed to drive in a simulator. Unobtrusively, I drove into the city and parked the car in a side street.

When I got out of the car, I flinched briefly. The sounds in the city hummed and boomed in my ears. It took a while for me to get used to it. All the twinkling lights of the city overwhelmed me. Amazed, I passed shop windows. The further I went up the road the busier it became. As soon as I knew it I was in the crowd. I turned in a circle and looked around. In the middle of the crowd, I stopped and tried to process what I was seeing, hearing and feeling. As in slow motion, people ran past me, some bumped into me. I felt like a lion in a tramping herd of wildebeests. Slowly my senses calmed down and I started to automatically analyze everything around me. It was almost as if my body were activating the high power mode. I could tell exactly how many people were around me. How many of them were stressed, who was sick and much more. I recognized with a glance the drug dealer who stood at a corner of the house and the undercover policeman watching him frome the other side of the street.

Suddenly someone touches my hand gently. I looked down and saw a little girl who had grabbed my hand.

Little girl: "Did you get lost? You look so lonely. Where is your mom?"

Y/N: "I do not have a mom."

Little girl: "Omo! No mom?" *big round eyes*

Y/N: "No mom."