New school

I sprung from my bed as my last alarm went off. My brother, Dylan came bursting through my door. "Let's go kid we're leaving in 10" He closes my door. "Why isn't mom taking me?" I yelled. He turns around, "Ask her when you find her Jade." He scoffed. I nod and walk to my dresser. I grab dark blue baggy jeans and a tight crop tank top. I ran to my closet and grabbed a big navy zip up hoodie. My hair was curled from the day before and i always had the necklace my dad gave me on. "Jade! Let's. Go." Dylan yells from the living room. I walk down the spiral staircase in our apartment and meet him at the door. He grabs the car keys and walks out after me.

He flips on the radio, and old 80's music plays. We bop our heads softly to the music. "Don't do anything stupid" He says handing me my bag. I nodded my head and smiled. "Love you!" He yelled as i closed the door. "Love ya" I yelled back. I turned around and looked up at the school. It's my first day here since we moved to cali. I was knocked out of thought when someone bumped into me. "Hey watch it, bitch" She said. I looked at her, "You're the one who hit me?!" I paused. "Bitch" I added. She smirked, "I'm tory." She put her hand out. I took it and smiled. "Jade"

I showed tory my schedule, "cool. So we've got 4 classes together and when of those is a study hall." She said walking to my locker. 635,636, "637" I said aloud. "25,13,8" I whispered as I turned the lock. Tory stood against the locker next to me, gazing at the passing people. The locker opened and I put my bag in. "So first you have English. I hav a friend in that class i'll text to help you out." Tory smiled. I nodded and grabbed my computer, a notebook, and my pen. Tory walked me to the door and waved goodbye.

That was easy. Already made a friend. I walked in the door and 3 people stood by it. Everyone else was seated. "Yeah tory texted me." A boy with curly brown hair said. There was another boy next to him. But a boy with a bright red mohawk standing in front of the two. "Ya, me too." He stood and said flatly. "Ahem." I coughed. I knew they were talking about me. "What do you want." The kid with the curly hair scowled. "Watch it, dork. I can kick your ass." I groaned. Mohawk boy smirked. "What makes you so sure." He got in my face. "Because pretty boy, I was taught to box, kickbox, and karate since i was 3." I stepped closer to him. "Also i'm pretty sure tory would kick your ass too" I smirked. His face softend, only for a moment. "So you're the new girl"
I nodded. We were still close. His cheeks had a tiny pink tint to them. "Well then, miss. By all means come take a seat." He joked sitting down in the back. The other two boys sat in front of us. "I'm hawk." He smirked. "Jade" I smiled. He did the same. "Alright class today we will continue reading, Julius Caesar. But i do see that we have a new student." The teacher announced. She motioned for me to stand. I did so, everyone turned. "What's up, i'm jade." I smiled shortly. Then sat down again. "Hello jade lovely to have you." She smiled warmly. "Yes jade nice to have you" Hawk laughed. I punched his arm. He groaned mutely. I smiled and sat back in my chair. "Jade i see you've already made a friend so, Eli would you care to catch her up on the book tonight please." The teacher asked. I looked around for someone who was him. Hawk looked down. I laughed. "Eli?!" He frowned. "Yes ma'am." He played with his hands. I smiled, and put my hand on his. "chill." He looked at me softly but his face hardens when a boy walks in the room. "Mr. Keene, you're late." The teacher frowns. "Okay." He sat down at the table across from us. His eyes wandered to me. A smirk appeared on his lips. Hawk scowled. "Who's that" I asked him. He put his arm on my chair. "Robby Keene." He rolled his eyes. I sat back and payed attention for the rest of class.

"Okay so i have practice after school until 5 so i'll pick you up at 7 so we can work?" Hawk said as we walked to my locker for lunch. "What do you play?" I asked looking at him. "I do karate. You know you should check it out." He looked down at me. "Maybe. Where is it?" I asked as we approached my locker. "The old strip mall in reseda. You can just ride with me and tory if you'd like." He smiled leaning against the locker beside me. "Okay cool." I grabbed my lunch box. "Hey guys. Walking to lunch?" Tory came over to us with Miguel. "Yeah." I smiled. Hawk and miguel walked behind Tory and i. "So, how's it going?" She whispered to me. "Fine. The school is nice-" She laughed. "I'm not talking about school." She bobbed her head towards Hawk. "What about him?" I asked. She stifled a laugh then shook her head. "Nevermind." We made it to the lunch room, we all sat at our own table. A few others joined us. A boy named kyler sat next to me. "Who the fuck is this?! We don't let random bitches sit here." He yelled standing up. "Who the hell do you think your talking to like that?" I stood up. He smirked. "I'm talking to you, princess." He laughed and looked around. I grit my teeth. "You wanna do something?" He pushed me. Hawk stood up, "What the hell! Back off." He warned. Kyler laughed. "I got this!" I shoved hawk out the way. I punched Kyler in the jaw he twisted to the left and i kneed him in the stomach he bent over and finally i swiped his feet below him. He sat on the ground groaning. I stood above him, "Get up. Princess." I smirked. He put his hands up in defense and sat across from me. "Damn girl." Tory smiled. Her smile immediately fell, i looked at what she was looking at and saw a girl walk in the room with Robby clung to her. "Who's that?" I asked. "Samantha LaRusso." Tory scowled. The bell for lunch rung and everyone piled out. "I'll see you later Hawk. I got a ride by the way." I smiled. He nodded and walked off with Miguel.

It was the end of the day and Dylan called me.
"Hello"
"Im out back." He said into the phone.
"okay be there in a sec" I hung up and made my way to the back of the school. I saw Dylan in his truck with the windows down. "Nice shades, dork." I laughed as I got in the car. He smiled and sped off. I saw Hawk, Tory and Miguel get in a car together.

"How was school?" Dylan asked. "Good. Made some friends. Hey, is it cool if I take karate again?" I asked. "You don't have to ask me, jade. Whatever makes you happy." He turned on his blinkers. "I need to grab clothes first. Then we can go?" I smiled. He stayed in the car. I took the stairs up to our apartment floor and used the key to get in our place. I quickly ran to my room and grabbed a pair of leggings and a crop tight tank. Dylan still sat in the car, I got in and told him where to go.

We pulled up to the strip mall. "Cobra kai?" Dylan asked. "Dope" I smiled. Hawk and Tory stood outside, talking. I got out and smiled. "I'm staying the night at a friends i'll call you tomorrow" I yelled. "Love you!" He yelled. "Love ya bye!" I ran to my friends. Hawk stood the with a frown and tory's face was straight. "Hey guys." I smiled. "Hey." Tory smiled softly. Hawk didn't reply. I looked at him, he avoided eye contact. "okay.." I walked off. I saw in the reflection of the window that Tory hit him. I walk in and everyone's eyes turned to me. There was a man standing there with his hands on his collar of the shirt. "May i help you?" He asked. "Yeah, i want to do Karate." I said. He looked at me, clearly studying my features. "You must prove you're worthy for Cobra kai." He stood tall. "okay." I looked around. "Kyler, would you care to take on miss..." He looked at me. "Jade. Jade Grey." I nodded. "Miss Grey." The man spoke. Kyler stuttered, "u-uh yes sensei" Kyler bowed. I smirked, "ready for round 2 princess."Kyler gulped. "AIS!" The man yelled. I ran toward Kyler and kicked him in the head. He fell. "Point! Grey." A boy with red hair spoke. Kyler got up. "Kyler. Finish her!" A boy spoke. Kylers confidence clearly peaked. He smirked and ran at me. I blocked his punch and kick. I kneed him in the stomach. He bent over and i roundhouse kicked him to the jaw. He fell and I gave him a punch to the nose. "Miss grey!" The sensei spoke. "That was very good." He praised. I smiled and bowed. "Thank you." He smirked, "Take your spot, next to hawk." He sad proudly. Hawk stiffened when I stood next to him. "What's up?" I asked worriedly. "I don't think your boyfriend would like me talking to you." He stood not making eye contact. "What boyfriend?" I asked. "They guy who drove you here?" He looked at me. "That's my brother, dumbass. It's just me and him at home. My mom ditched and my dad.." I gazed off.
—- flashback—-

"Daddy!!!" I yelled. A man pointed a gun to my fathers head. "Say bye to your little girl." He smirked. The gun went off. My ears rung. "NO!" I sobbed.
——
"My dad died."