Then theres the end

Tory and I walked together holding bags of clothes, "So your dad sent you a letter saying that?" She looked at me sadly. I nodded looking down, "Yup." She engulfed me in a hug, "I'm sorry Jade." I put my head on her shoulder as she hugged me. "Let's go get a dress yeah?"
—-

I probably went through about 100 dresses. I walked out in a ankle length black dress, "Oh damn- Black looks good on you." Tory winked. I laughed, "So are we saying maybe I should try on a black one?" I asked. She nodded, "Hey um, Jade? I have a question." Tory stood up. "What?" I asked grabbing a long tight at the top and loose at the bottom dress with small sparkles. "Is it okay if I go with Robby?" She looked down. I turned to face her, "Yeah. I don't care." I smiled. She looked at me, "Wait what?"

I shrugged, "I didn't love him Tory. Go for it." I smiled walking into the dressing room.
"Well now we need you a date!" Tory said on the other side of the curtain. "What about... Hawk" She said slowly. "I don't even know if Eli's going for one," I said pulling the dress over my hips. "And two, He's not my boyfriend." I fixed my hair. I looked at myself in the mirror, "Oh come on! He still clearly is in love with you, And like, He makes you happy and that's the only reason i'm saying this but. Give it another go. You two are soulmates." Tory tried. I sighed and pulled out my phone, "Well are you going to show me the dress?" She asked impatiently. I clicked Eli's name on messages and typed

-me
Meet me at the pond behind the school at 9. Don't ask questions.

I quickly closed my phone not wanting a response and opened the curtain. Tory's hand flew to her mouth as I walked out. "Holy fucking beautiful." She told me.

"I'm so happy you're my best friend

"I'm so happy you're my best friend. You are SO FINE." She laughed looking at the dress. "This one." I smiled.
——

I sat on the floor doing my makeup in tory's mirror as she did her hair. I slowly applied false lashes, "Does this look dumb" She asked with big curls. "Brush them out" I said simply as I applied mascara to my under eye lashes. "Right." She walked into the bathroom. I chuckled and applied some clear strawberry flavored lipgloss. It was Eli's favorite fruit. But I wasn't putting it on for him. I mentally rolled my eyes. I fixed my curled hair and stood up, "Going to put my dress on!" I told tory walking out to the living room. Her brother sat on the couch, "Hey Jade." He smiled. "What's up kiddo" I ruffled his hair. I grabbed my dress that hung on the curtain rod and brought it back to her room. She stood in front of the mirror and slip her dress over her shoulders. "Cheetah print" I winked at her. "Shut up your dress is prettier." She looked at herself. "You're prettier" I smiled taking off my clothes. I put the dress and a pair of tan heels on. We both took a shit ton of pictures together and decided to go. "It's already 7." She told me. "Big entrance." I told her pulling into the school. Robby stood at the doors, "Robby." I looked at him. He nodded at me, "Hey..." He looked me up and down. "You look good." He informed me. I nodded, "I know." I looked at tory. She grabbed his arm and walked in together. I found a small mirror and looked at myself. "Okay. You got this." I winked at my reflection and walked to the doors. I put on a strong face and pushed the doors open. I felt eyes on me immediately, Sam glared at me as I walked down the stairs. "Take a picture. Lasts longer" I winked at her. Miguel smiled softly, only to be hit on the shoulder by sam. I danced with a few people for a while and drank a lot of fruit punch.

I noticed Bella staring at me. I walked right up to her, I noticed Eli staring out of the corner of my eye, "Guess he was never fully yours." I smiled softly. She stared me in the eyes. When I looked to see him he was gone. I looked at my phone, It was already 9. Holy fuck. I winked at her and walked out of the school. I saw a boy sitting on the bench by the pond. "Didn't think you'd show" I said sitting next to him. Eli looked at me, "Why wouldn't I?" He smiled sweetly. "Because I was a bitch to you." I looked down. "Yet I never stopped loving you" He sighed looking out at the pond. I rested my head on his shoulder, "You we're my first love. I'm always going to love you, Jade." He did the same.

"I missed you" I looked at him. His eyes wandered to my lips then my eyes. "I missed you too." He looked down at me. His head drifted closer to mine. I only looked at his lips, "You're asking for it." He whispered. "Because I want it." I whispered back. He put his hand on my neck and brought my face to his. Our lips connected and It felt like A million fireworks went on repeatedly. I brought my hands to his face and kissed him passionately. His tongue teased my lip asking for entrance. I allowed him and he deepened the kiss. He lifted my body with his hands and placed me back down but on his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we made out.

God damn I missed him.
——

Eli and I both stared out at the water, The bright moon glistening on the water front. "Let's go inside." He grabbed my hand linking our fingers and he walked us inside. The DJ announced that Sam requested a slow song. "Of course she did" I chuckled. "M'Lady, A dance" Eli smiled and bowed. I rolled my eyes playfully, He took my hand and pulled me close to his body. One of his arms wrapped around my waist and held me tight, Eli rested his chin on the top of my head. "I missed you jade." He mumbled. "I know." I smiled at him. "God would you stop taking my man-" I heard Bella. I rolled my eyes spinning around, "It's over, Bella. Get over yourself." I said calmly and spun back around to face Eli. "Look at me bitch!" She yelled ripping me from his grip. I just stood there with my arms crossed, "Fight me! He's mine not yours! I want him! You can't have him!" She yelled angrily.

"Are you done?" I asked looking at my nails. "Why won't you fight me damn it!" She shoved me. "You're just a pussy. I'm not wasting my time with you anymore." I walked away. She stood there at a loss for words. I walked back over to Eli, He just smiled and kissed me. "Will you be mine again?" He asked me softly. I smiled, "I wouldn't want it any other way." I smiled kissing him.

"I love you so much, Jade." He smiled down at me. "I never stopped loving you, Eli."
-
!!alternative ending!!

-the next year-

I walked up onto the stage, My principal handed me my diploma smiling. "Good luck out there" She smiled. I hugged her and walked over next to my boyfriend. Eli gripped my waist pulling me close to him. Cheers erupted from the crowd as our graduation was finally over. My entire graduating class threw our caps in the air smiling happily. Tory ran over and hugged me, "We did it!" She smiled. "I love you." I smiled hugging my best friend. Miguel slowly walked over his hands held together, "Hey jade." He smiled softly. "Shut up and hug me dork." I smiled pulling him closer to me. He chuckled as his hands wrapped around me. I looked behind him and saw sam glaring at me. "One second." I took a deep breath and walked over to her. Her body stiffened as I approached. I lifted my hand only for her to flinch and close her eyes. I laughed, She opened her eyes to see my hand held out for a handshake. She hesitated taking my hand but did so. "I'm sorry. For everything." I said slowly. She looked at me weirdly. "No." She shook her head. "It's all my fault. I shouldn't have listened to what bella said and have my feelings take over it was dumb of me." She went on, "I'm sorry Jade. Truly deeply sorry." She frowned. I smiled at the curly headed girl, "It's all good."

She sighed of relief and smiled, I waved her off and went back over to Eli. "That was rather grown up of you" He wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "Yeah, I know." I smiled proudly. He kissed my cheek and we stood there.

This was the end of probably the best and at times the worst, high school experience.

And no matter what happened to me, My heart was always a Cobra. Even if it meant I had to change some rules.