Mourning.

I sat on the phone with Hawk as I cleaned my room. "We have a week break for school and karate" Hawk said smiling as he shot zombies. "He's only not making us practice because he's off to see a friend" I informed him throwing a cup away. "How do you know?" He asked. "Told me. Some guy from his old military days."

Hawk nodded slowly, "Well tomorrow is Christmas.. wanna hang out?" He asked. "It's Christmas, for one. And for two, i'm going to my grandmas house with mom." He looked at me confused, "What about dylan?" He asked. "Couldn't get off work." I frowned. "Anyway I gotta get going, I'll call you later okay?" I smiled. "Bye princess." He winked hanging up. I smiled and walked to the living room. "You all packed jade?" My mom asked dragging her suitcase out. "Yeah." I grabbed a soda out of the fridge. Dylan walked out with his girlfriend. I smiled at the red head. "Hi Marie" I said. She smiled back, "Hey jade." She helped my mom with her bags. "Dyl help your sister." My mom smiled helping Marie. I frowned at him, "I'll miss you" He hugged me. "I know, this is like the first time since i was 11 that we're separated for more than 2 days" I laughed. "Yeah. And on Christmas." He said looking down. I frowned at my big brother, "I'll see you on new years" I said looking up at him. "Don't have too much fun without me." He grabbed my suitcase. "Can't promise." I chuckled as I grabbed my backpack.

Marie and Mom stood near the car laughing. "Ready to go babes?" My mom asked me. "Yeah" I smiled. Dylan gave mom and me a hug before walking off with Marie. We waved as I got in the heated car. "The rides 5 hours Jade so, take a nap or something." She told me as she left the parking lot. I sighed putting my headphones in and pulling my head up. I clicked Spotify and pressed play on my playlist. Woman by Kesha started playing, I looked at the passing buildings. And watched as they slowly disappeared and trees appeared. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.
——-
I woke up to my moms car door opening. "Mami!" She yelled hugging my grandma. I yawned and got out. "Jaydenia!!" My grandma yelled, I sighed and walked over to her. "How are you darling?" She kissed my cheeks. "Good." I smiled softly. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out, and saw hawks name on my phone.
I smiled and answered the texts
-Hawk
hey baby
jade.
:/
-me
i was in the car you impatient shit
-hawk
oh well hi babe
-me
hi babe
-hawk
how was the car ride?
-me
fine. I slept the whole time
-hawk
lazy bitch
"Jaydenia!" My grandma spoke louder. "Get off your phone." My mom looked at me. "Who's taking up your attention?" Grammy asked. I scoffed, "My drug dealer" I walked off into the house.
If you haven't noticed my grandmother and I do NOT get along well. I'm very much closer with my grandpa. "It's probably her boyfriend" I heard my mom say. I walked in the house and saw my grandpa sitting on the chair. "Hey pops" I smiled hugging him. "Hey kiddo. God what is on your cheek?" He asked looking at it. "It's badass."
"Scar from karate." I laughed. He put his hand to his heart, "You betrayed me??" He acted sad. "Don't worry you'll always be my favorite sensei." I smiled. My mom walked in, and smiled at me with my grandpa. "Your room is upstairs kid." He smiled, I walked up the stairs and jumped on the bed.

I watched netlfix until my mom came in saying dinner was ready.
——
I woke up the next morning at 5. I made an agreement with myself that I would work out every day considering there was no karate. I put on a long sleeve shirt and then a zip up over that. Along with black leggings and some gray sneaker. I put my hair up and walked out. My grandpa sat at the counter, "Good morning." I smiled. He looked at me, "What're you doing up?" He asked, "Nevermind." He added laughing as he pointed to my outfit. "Going on a run" I smiled grabbing a water. He nodded, "Be safe" He waved as he drank coffee. I waved too and walked out.

I punched the air swiftly as my music blasted in my ears. I stretched quite quickly then turned on my phone.
-me to mom
Went for a run ly

I ran around the block, it was extremely familiar to me considering I used to live in this town. I ran past rows and rows of identical. Thank god I left this town. I thought.
I looked at the time, 7:45. And decided to head back home. I ran back when someone bumped into me. "Watch it!" I yelled turning around. My eyes went wide, "Ethan?" I asked the blonde boy. He smiled, "Jade?" He ran over and hugged me. My arms slowly wrapped around his torso. "What are you doing here?" He asked smiling. "Uh. Christmas with my grandparents" I said slowly. He moved the hair out of his face, "What're you doing out here?" He asked looking down at me. "Running.." I replied. "Yeah i see. You look much.. bigger now.." He said looking at my body. "Is that a fat joke?" I asked him. He immediately shook his head. "No i mean you look swole and shit" He chuckled nervously. "I'm playing around." I laughed hugging him. "You definitely don't look like you smoke anymore though" He frowned. "I do. Occasionally. I sort of stopped, started karate again." I smiled proudly. He noticed the tattoo behind my ear, "You have tattoos?!" He asked grabbing face to see the hawk feather more. "What's with the bird feather?"He asked chuckling. "Uh it's for my boyfriend.." I smiled looking down. "Girl. Please tell me he's hot." Ethan looked at me, I smiled. "Burning. Scolding even." I said excitedly. Ethan cheered. "What about you? Any boys in your life?" I asked him. He actually nodded. "No way." I hit his shoulder. "Yeah. and he's a football player." Ethan said cheerfully. "Well that's amazing!" I smiled for him.