Twenty-Nine (Her Pov)

-10 years later-

"Mom, Dad do you wanna play uno with me and Syd?" Peyton asked and Killian smiled at him.

"Of course let's go my love." Killian pulled me up by my arms and I laughed.

We believed kids might not be in our cards but 5 years ago we adopted 10 year old twins. A girl and a boy.

These children were at a center we donated to and we visited.

They were without parents since they were kids and in foster care for their whole life. We believed we could be their home.

They're 15 and absolutely brilliant. I voted for them to keep their last names but they agreed they wanted ours.

Sydney and Peyton Vile. Literally the sweetest most badass humans ever. No one pressured them for the parent names, we agreed everything would happen as they wanted but they wanted us to become their parents. God that made me so happy.

Killian ran up the stairs, racing Peyton and I went up slowly causing Peyton to come back down and push me up quicker.

"So slow." He mumbled.

"So impatient my child." I laughed and we got into Sydney's room where she was already shuffling and dealing cards.

-

After a few rounds the boys both gave me a hug and same with Syd before running downstairs but Syd wanted me to stay and paint her nails.

"Momma?" She asked and I smiled at her.

"Yes lovey?" I responded.

"Why didn't you and dad have your own children? Why'd you want us?" She asked and I just smiled peacefully. I knew she'd caught on to the fact that we adopted 10 year olds and ask someday.

"The reason why is a story for possibly three years when your 18 and able to run away but I'm unable to have kids. Your dad can perfectly fine if he wanted to with another woman however he chose me even though he knew I couldn't become pregnant. You and Peyton are kind children and we happened to have a lot of love to give." I looked at her and she smiled.

"I'm happy he chose you. You're perfect. I'd wanna be a wife and mom like you one day." She hummed and I felt myself choking up.

"I love you Sydney." I cupped her face as she blew on her nails.

She hugged me and smelled my hair like she'd always have since we met.

"I love you mom."

I walked downstairs to see the boys cooking.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked.

"He's teaching me how to make good food for my future ladies." Peyton wiggled his eyebrows at me and I laughed.

"Baby you barely learned to cook two years ago." I hugged Killian's back.

"And now I'm a chef. Come at me. Don't actually do that please my face is amazing." He laughed.

"Smug." I mumbled and hugged Peyton rubbing his hair before walking away.

What a life.