Chapter 36 ~ A Trap Called Frank Iero

**Frank's POV**

I watched as the two brothers sat together in silence while my boyfriend cried. I hated seeing him so weak.

I had no idea what to do so I just ran. I ran away to the next and worst place I could've gone. The field. I don't know why, but at the time, all of the safe places I could think of were the ones that Gerard had showed me.

I slowly made my way through the trees, becomming more and more paranoid with every crunch of the leaves beneath my feet and the snap of a twig that seemed to come from behind me every few seconds.

I walked to the center of the field, sitting down and breathing in all that this expirience was. I thought back to this morning and how we woke up together, entangled in our blanket and eachother. I thought about the night before and what he had said. Maybe he does love me. But I still don't know if I love him back.

**Gerard's POV**

I followed him. I ran after him when he left. I followed him through the trees, but I stopped as he walked into the field. I watched him sit down and lean back, closing his eyes. God, I'm such a creep, aren't I? Pathetic. Watching my boyfriend from behind the trees.

I heard him talking to himself. Every few minutes, he would say little things like, "I'm such an idiot," and, "Why is this so confusing?"

I wanted to go over there and help him. Sure, I don't know what he feels, but I know that I love him. I can't stand to be away from him. Him and his stupid beautiful smile. Him and his horrible gorgeous eyes. Him and his awful calming voice. Him and his ugly perfect hair. Him and his gross amazing personality. I hate him. I love him to the point where it hurts. I hate that I love him.

But it wasn't my fault. It was just a stupid trap that I had fallen into. A trap called Frank Iero.

My heart was telling me to go over there and embrace him and kiss him and feel him pressed against myself and make him happy. But my brain was telling me to leave, to let him be by himself for a while. But, of course, I had to listen to that disgusting heart of mine.

I slowly approached the small body sitting in the center of the field. The center of my field. The center of the field I had shown him. The center of what was now our field.

I sat down next to him, doing my best to keep my distance. "Hey," I said, the word coming out more sadly than desired.

I watched as he closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath and letting it back out slowly. "Hi, Gerard," he answered in the same tone. "What are you doing here?"

"I followed you from the cemetery. I missed you," I told him like the pathetic piece of shit I am.

"It hasn't been that long at all. Two hours tops."

I looked down at my lap, ashamed of myself. "I know."

"You can barely handle it when I'm gone for an hour. What are you going to do if I leave for a week because I had to go across the country or something?"

"I would probably sneak myself into one of your suitcases," I joked.

He laughed, scooting slightly closer to me. "I mean, seriously. You couldn't even keep yourself from going after me when you saw that I ran away from you. Besides, I don't think you would do very well all cramped up in a suitcase for over five hours."

I smiled and looked down at my lap, probably blushing. "I suppose you're right about that. But I'd still try and find a way to go with you," I said, scooting myself just a little closer to him and easing my hand towards his.

I noticed that he did the same thing. He was also inching his hand closer to mine and once we touched, we both jerked our hands back by reflex. "S-Sorry," he apologized, bringing a hand to rub the back of his neck.

"It's fine," I said, bringing our hands back together.

He rested his head against my shoulder. "I really am sorry," he told me, sighing to himself.

"What are you sorry for, Frankie?"

"Everything. I'm sorry about the way I left your house. I'm sorry that we're so attached to eachother. I'm sorry that, out of all of the people you could've loved, it had to be me."

"Frank, I really don't care as long as we can be with eachother. I love you and I don't mind putting up with the things you do. I actually think your shyness and things like that are kinda cute. And if I have to wait for you, I'm fine with that. Because I love you so much that it hurts when you're feeling unhappy, that I get this bubbly feeling in my chest whenever I see your beautiful smile, that I would sacrifice myself to save you."

He scooted as close to me as he could get and he wrapped his arms around my torso, digging his face into my chest. "And I to you," he spoke simply. I wrapped my arms around him in return, letting my head rest upon his.

I let my eyes fall closed and I let my mind wander, thinking about Frank and his gorgeous honey-green eyes. His adorable, round nose. His perfectly imperfect and slightly lopsided smile. His amazingly arched eyebrows. His positively perfect hands and the way he draws on them. The way his ripped jeans hug his legs. His love for dogs and how I know that we'll get one someday.

"You know you're really warm," Frank said suddenly, disrupting me from my thoughts.

"You're pretty warm, yourself," I replied, squeezing him closer to me.

He hummed lightly and crawled on top of me, placing his legs on either side of my hips. He smiled down at me, the corners of his eyes crinkling slightly. "I'm pretty sure I love you," he told me, pressing a chaste kiss to my lips.

I smiled back up at him and tucked a stray hair behind his ear, snickering quietly. "Well, I'm pretty sure I love you, too."

I heard footsteps approaching and I looked up to see Mikey just a few feet away. "You guys suck."

I let out a slight chuckle. "You know you love me," I said, smiling at my little brother.

"But seriously, you guys can't even spend a day away from eachother?"

"Appearantly not," I replied, looking back at Frank. He returned my gaze and smiled that sweet smile of his, seeming relaxed and peaceful.