Chapter 22 ~ I guess I'll see you sooner than I thought...

**Gerard's POV**

Frank can't be suicidal. He can't have depression. He just can't...

But if he does, I will help him. I can make it so that he doesn't have those thoughts. He doesn't deserve to have those thoughts. He deserves to love himself. He deserves to live. I know I can help him.

I feel a single tear slowly slide down my cheek. I take Frank's hand in mine and I look at his beautiful face. Oh, how I wish he were still awake. I eventually break into full on sobs. "Why did you have to do it, Frankie?" I heave out. I lean down and lay my head on his chest. "I don't think I can stand going on without you. Even if it is only for two weeks." I say, my breathing getting softer again. The tears still don't stop though. "Please wake up soon. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me..." I sigh.

I slowly bring one of my arms up to wrap around Frank's waist. I keep my head sitting on his chest. "I love you so much."

I eventually pull myself together and stand up. I wipe the left over tears off of my face and place a soft kiss to Frank's pale cheek. I pick up my backpack and make my way to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow, Frankie. I promise." I tell him before leaving the cold hospital room.

I walk home and go straight to my room. I don't feel like making any human contact right now. And even if I did, I would only want it to be with Frank. I didn't eat anything that night. I don't really feel like eating. I'm too worried about Frank.

Instead of walking to school the next morning, I walked to the hospital to see Frank. My mom doesn't know and neither does Mikey. I probably wouldn't do all that good in my classes anyway. Not when I don't know if he's okay or not.

I peek into the hospital room and see a nurse giving Frank an injection. I wince at the sight. I wait for the man to finish the shot before speaking up, nervously. "W-what are you giving him?" I ask, innocently.

"It's some medication to ensure he'll be okay. It keeps him alive, but it also keeps him under at the same time. We're supposed to give it to him once a week." He explains.

"Oh. Can I come in?" I question.

"Yeah, I'm just finishing up." The man answers.

I sit down in the chair next to Frank's hospital bed and take his hand in mine, just like I always do. As the man is cleaning the medical supplies, he asks me, "So, are you this kid's boyfriend?"

"Yeah. Why?" I reply.

"The doctors wanted me to let you know that he'll be waking up sooner than they expected. It should only be another five days." He tells me. "Also, since he'll wake up in less than a week, he just might be able to hear you if you talk to him. But, he is still in a coma. So don't expect an answer." He adds, smiling before leaving the room.

I decide to sing to him. But I don't really know what to sing. So I make things up as I go.

"So long to all my friends,
Every one of them met tragic ends,
With every passing day,
I'd be lying if I didn't say,
That I miss them all tonight,
And if they only knew what I would say,
If I could be with you tonight,
I would sing you to sleep,
Never let them take the light behind your eyes,
One day I'll lose this fight,
As we fade in the dark,
Just remember you will always burn this bright," I sing. I feel a single tear slip down my cheek, soon followed by another.

"Be strong and hold my hand,
Time, it comes for us,
You'll understand,
We'll say goodbye today,
And I'm sorry how it ends this way,
If you promise not to cry,"

I sing the next part with a little more power. "Then I'll tell you just what I would say,
If I could be with you tonight,
I would sing you to sleep,
Never let them take the light behind your eyes,
I'll fail and lose this fight,
Never fade in the dark,
Just remember you will always burn this bright,
The light behind your eyes,
The light behind your-
Sometimes we must grow stronger and,
You can be stronger when I'm gone,
When I'm here,
No longer,
You must be stronger and if I," I'm full on crying now. It doesn't stop me from singing though. "Could be with you tonight,
I would sing you to sleep,
Never let them take the light behind your eyes,
I've failed and lost this fight,
Never fade in the dark,
Just remember you will always burn this bright,
The light behind your eyes,"

I continue to sing, my voice getting softer and eventually fading out, "The light behind your eyes,
The light behind your eyes,
The light behind your eyes..."

The tears continue pouring down my face. I attempt to wipe them away and pull my sketchbook out of my backpack. I draw what I see in front of me; Frank laying in the hospital bed, his face blissful and calm, the picture blurred by the tears lingering in my eyes. I add the background and the shading and stuff, then close the book, putting back into my backpack carefully.

A few hours go by as I sit with my head on Frank's chest and my arm placed over his stomach. I hear the door slowly creak open.

I shoot up to see who it is. I see Mikey holding up two Starbucks cups. "Hey, Gee. I didn't see you at school and I didn't see you at the Starbucks a few blocks down from the school, so I decided to check and see if you were here." He tells me. "I got you some coffee, too." He adds, placing one of the cups in my hands. "It's black. Just like you like it." He says.

I take a sip. "Thank you, Mikes." I say, quietly.

"No problem, Gee." He replies, drinking what's left of his coffee. "So, did you want to stay here for a while longer today?" He asks.

I sigh heavily. "I guess." I answer. "I just... Don't really feel like leaving his side." I say.

AN: Oh Geesus, I don't know if this is sweet, sad, or both. Anyway, here's an update. I'll see you next time, Night Walkers.