Chapter 37 ~ It's in moments like these that I realize how much I love you

••7:47AM on the 21st of November••
**Frank's POV**
I walked to the corner store to get some tea for Gerard because he got the flu. You'd think that this wouldn't happen until January or February, but it just had to occur as early as November. And if he had it, I was sure to catch it, too, because my immune system has never been the strongest. Not to mention that I can barely eat anything, considering that I'm lactose intolerant, I can't eat meat, and I get stomachaches for no reason.

On my way back, I picked a couple of the wildflowers that were trying their best to survive in the cold. I stepped up to the Way household and did the secret knock that I came up with so they know it's me.

The door opened to reveal a tired-looking Donna, her hair still all over the place and uncombed. Her eyes seemed to light up when she saw me. "Hi, Frank. Are you here to see Gerard?" She smiled.

I nodded in response and she let me inside. I placed the box of tea on the kitchen counter and asked Donna if she had a kettle. She pointed to a cabinet under the counter and left, probably going back to bed.

I pulled the small tea kettle out from the closed-off space, filling it with water and placing it on one of the stove burners and turning the dial thing to turn it on.

I then went to go get a mug from on of the cupboards above the sink and found one that was sufficiently tall. I then filled that with water and looked around for sugar and vinegar. I mixed everything together and stuck the flowers in the cup. It was a trick I learned from my mother when I was younger.

I quickly ran the cup of flowers down to Gerard's bedroom and placed them on his bedside table as quietly as possible, not wanting to wake him up. My gaze fell upon my boyfriend's sleeping figure as his hand moved up to come close to his face. He started mumbling something, but I couldn't tell what it was. All of a sudden, his face contorted to an expression of pleasure and I couldn't help but have to bite back a smirk when I heard my name. He was having a wet dream. I tried my best to hold back my giggles as I left the room, closing the door as quietly as possible before running back upstairs.

I looked over to the kettle on the stove and got a mug from the same cabinet as last time before walking back over to check on the water. After about ten minutes, I could hear all the tiny bubbles erupting as the water began to boil. I removed it from the heat and poured it into the mug, then submerging two teabags into the steamy liquid.

I let it sit for a couple minutes while I played games on my phone to pass the time. After dying about five times, I brought the tea to Gerard's bedroom. As I approached the door, I heard a quiet, "Shit."

I opened the door a crack and peeked through, watching as he quickly changed his underwear and pants. I waited for him to get back into bed before slowly opening the door.

"Hey, Gee," I greeted him. "I got this for you," I said, handing him the cup of tea. "It's probably still hot, so I'd wait for it to cool down before you start drinking it."

He grinned up at me and set the tea on his bedside table. "Thanks, Frankie," he spoke, his voice slightly raspy.

"No problem. I also picked these for you," I told him, picking up the mug of flowers.

He took it from my hands, almost studying the flowers it held. He then looked back up at me, his tired, hazel eyes sparkling. "Thank you so much, baby. I love you, you know that?"

"I know," I smiled. "I love you, too."

His eyes were glued to me, looking into my eyes. He outstretched his hands, reaching for my face. I got down on my knees to be at eye-level with him. He gently held my face in his hands, looking into my eyes intensely. I stared back and watched as his pupils rapidly grew bigger.

"You're so beautiful, Frankie," he told me, smiling ever so slightly.

"Thanks, but I think you're more beautiful than I am," I replied, feeling my cheeks get hot.

He slowly brought his lips to mine, holding the two of us together like that for a couple seconds. He then pulled away at a steady pace and I ached for our lips to be rejoined once again. "But no one could ever be more beautiful than you," he said as though it was a solid fact. I, of course, could never believe him. He was much more attractive than I was and no one could truly deny that. I can't believe that I found someone like him. Or, rather, that someone like him found me.

"Anyway," I began, trying to change the subject. "How've you been feeling?"

"I've been feeling okay. My stomach has stopped freaking out, but my throat still feels dry and my knees ache," he stated.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I really hope you get better soon," I told him sincerely, holding his hand in mine.

"Me too. Will you lay down with me?"

"Sure," I answered, pulling the covers of his bed back and laying down next to him. I settled in as he cuddled up to me, burying his face into my neck and wrapping one of his arms around me to hold me close. I felt his hot breath against the crook of my neck as he breathed me in.

He lifted his head up to look at me and smiled. "Not to come off as creepy, but you smell really good."

I giggled a little. "I think I forgot to put on deodorant this morning, Gee. So that could only mean one thing; that our immune systems are exact opposites of eachother. And to elaborate on that, we're nature's version of the perfect couple," I said, bringing my arm under Gerard's head as to get more comfortable.

He smiled that toothy smile with his weird little teeth and I smiled back. "And where did you learn that?" He asked me.

"Health class in seventh grade."

He giggled quietly and tightened his arm around me. "I love you, Frankie."

"I love you, too, Gee," I replied, kissing him on the forehead.